Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s nothing like the Masters

Players all over the world can compete to enter the Masters including Amatuers , the list of entries is vast whilst short compared to other majors

Woods has handpicked golfers to try and enhance the appeal hence the big prize fund for such a small field - players know they will still pick up a heathly cheque regardless of how they play - 18 golfers no cut £3.5 mil - that’s why players go to play in it and because of the stupid ranking system they take the points with them

It’s essentially an exhibition Comp with a handful of players

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It’s nothing like the Masters

Players all over the world can compete to enter the Masters including Amatuers , the list of entries is vast whilst short compared to other majors

Woods has handpicked golfers to try and enhance the appeal hence the big prize fund for such a small field - players know they will still pick up a heathly cheque regardless of how they play - 18 golfers no cut £3.5 mil - that’s why players go to play in it and because of the stupid ranking system they take the points with them

It’s essentially an exhibition Comp with a handful of players

You're mistaken or otherwise. Its the worlds top ranked golfers (from the whole world) who compete all over the world to be some of the very best, plus the winners of the 4 Majors

Its just a more elite field (rather than having Ian Woosnam et al added to it) ;)

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
The cynic in me says we've heard all these positive vibes before and then things going wrong. I hope this time he's fully fit, and the driving issues and short game meltdowns are consigned to history and he can make a good fist at this attempt. I still remain convinced he'll not win another major but I do hope he can compete again and enjoy a full playing schedule

Im still convinced you will never reach single figures again. Infact I would bet my manhood on it and you know I like to use that like Luke Skywalker does swinging his lightsaber around.

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nope - I expect it will be the same as last time - over the top hype about a golfer is now old news within the current field of golfers

It’s time to move on just like the game of golf has moved on - thank him for what he has does but golf would do better to focus on the present

You sure do Like to talk about me considering you couldn't care less about me Phillip? I guarantee you will be the first in front of the TV set this Thursday :thup:

OBSESSED!!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah, this event is basically just a condensed version of The Masters.

18 players in the Hero versus approx 100 in the Masters. They have had to go down to world #32 to fill the 17 places then Woods at #1193. That's more condensed than a tin of milk!

Absolute joke giving out ranking points for this event.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thanks for the kind comments guys I look forward to bringing the masses back to golf starting this Thursday.

I think you might be better off on the practice ground than commenting on here Eldrick. Last time out your short game was worse than mine and that's saying something :eek:

ps......why is a grown man (I assume you are?) pretending to be someone else on a golf forum??

D

Deleted Member 1156

Your a grown man on a forum with over 10K posts, who's the one who needs to get a life :rolleyes:

Now back to practice :swing:

Yeah but I'm pretending to be a club hacker, you're pretending to be a golf pro.

At least I'm good at what I pretend to do :whistle:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you might be better off on the practice ground than commenting on here Eldrick. Last time out your short game was worse than mine and that's saying something :eek:

During his last comeback his short game was more than solid. Made some superb up and downs at the Hero last year. It was his long game that let him down, was spraying the driver all over the place, it was the comeback before where his short game was embarrassing. He's made some good swing changes in the build up to this though, so I'm hoping those issues with the driver are behind him. Even Brandel Chamblee was praising Tiger's latest Driver swing, saying how close it was to his "best ever" swing, and Chamblee has been one of Tiger's biggest detractors.

I'm just going to keep buying into the hype. I never got the chance to see Tiger at his peak so I relish every opportunity to see the great man in action. I'm excited, can't wait for Thursday.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
During his last comeback his short game was more than solid. Made some superb up and downs at the Hero last year. It was his long game that let him down, was spraying the driver all over the place, it was the comeback before where his short game was embarrassing. He's made some good swing changes in the build up to this though, so I'm hoping those issues with the driver are behind him. Even Brandel Chamblee was praising Tiger's latest Driver swing, saying how close it was to his "best ever" swing, and Chamblee has been one of Tiger's biggest detractors.

I'm just going to keep buying into the hype. I never got the chance to see Tiger at his peak so I relish every opportunity to see the great man in action. I'm excited, can't wait for Thursday.

Spot on Dan,some haters just fail to get there facts right because they are to anxious to get their digs in.

Nobody can touch Tiger when it comes to putting bums on seats or viewing figures,good luck to him.
Just like any comeback after a lengthy time off nobody expects miracles,however a good showing would be welcome imo.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just like any comeback after a lengthy time off nobody expects miracles,however a good showing would be welcome imo.

Realists are looking for him simply completing all 4 rounds
Trouble is a lot of people are expecting a top 5 at least...

As I said earlier, nobody can draw any real conclusions until he's played a couple of proper tournaments..

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe shouldn't be quite as many ranking points as there are for this tournament, but I think it makes sense that it has a good standing. This is an event where the field is made up of the elite players in the world, invitational or not, so a win here should be worth more than a win at your bog standard European Tour event. If Tiger comes in off a lay-off and does well, he deserves the ranking points because he'll prove he belongs with those elite players. I don't have a problem with it.

But if he doesn't do well and finishes last by a mile, he still gets to move up over 200 places in the rankings. How on Earth can that be right?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sorry, I forgot he's had more 'comebacks' than Frank Sinatra. And don't get your hopes up about his driving, the driver is the club he has struggled with most throughout his career, even at his peak.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Is it really that big of a deal? He'll still be 950th in the world.

Guess you'll need to ask the guys at that end of the rankings that are battling away week in, week out trying to gain ranking points.