Tigers back.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously excited for this week. Love watching Tiger play and even more so after reading the reports from people who have played with him recently. Come on Tiger!

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seen a few videos of him playing and I'll be honest, Swing looks good with plenty of speed too.

He won't be tournament sharp but I'll hazard a guess and say he'll contend for a couple of rounds before the lack of game time will show.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reading some very promising stuff right now. His back in pain free, shot 65 and beat Rory by 5 shots yesterday, is bombing it 15-20 yards past Patrick Reed today in a practice round. I really hope it all clicks on Thursday, would be so sweet to see Tiger come out and shoot a few under.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I have never been a fan of Tiger but that said, him being back and in some kind of form will be good for the game and garner loads of interest.

Will be interesting to see how he goes during this incarnation

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lots of positive news coming out, wonder if he's over the chipping yips that affected him last time out (was that his last comeback? losing track)

Certainly will be very exciting if he can actually challenge next year

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Last time he came back his short game looked mustard. It was his driving that was the issue - everything went right and into deep rough.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The cynic in me says we've heard all these positive vibes before and then things going wrong. I hope this time he's fully fit, and the driving issues and short game meltdowns are consigned to history and he can make a good fist at this attempt. I still remain convinced he'll not win another major but I do hope he can compete again and enjoy a full playing schedule

U

User62651

Hope he can make a go of it this time. Sounds like the vertebrae fusion has worked. Needs to manage his body now and not overdo running and weight training etc, nearly 42 now. Mickelson, Els, OMeara, Singh, Stricker, Perry etc have all shown early 40s can be a good age for winning at golf but I doubt any of them hit the gym like Tiger did/does.