Tigers back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fact or opinion? If it’s fact I’d be keen to see the numbers.

If it’s opinion then I disagree, why would the Turkish Open pay him every year to play if it was losing money every year?

Hearsay apparently!

It makes sense, perhaps knowing this could be a last hurrah for Woods and it could make commercial sense on both sides. Don't think it'll happen sadly

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s straight from someone who works for the ET - events paid him the money that in the hope that there would be big uptake on people coming from all over the world to play the course and others in the area - the event organisers happy to take the hit of paying him more than the prize money because at that time you could say “Woods played our course and hit an 8 Iron from here etc etc “and charge big fees for it -

It’s the same with the Grove - a decent enough course that can charge big fees because Woods did this and that at the place and plaques everywhere.

Can you name your source or prove this or should we just take your word for it.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Money won't be his motivation and I'm pretty sure that he will have taken the very best medical care and advice on his back. He's a golfer, like us he wants to play golf. Unless you have to retire because of an injury like his back then all you want to do is play.

How many threads do we see on here from people who are injured/been injured but are looking at carrying on playing through injury/waiting for ops or on the road to recovery??

If you physically can't play anymore, which I suspect may happen to Tiger over the next couple of years he'll jack it in. He'll have to. If he can get round and make a few cuts then great, if not he'll be playing as well as he can for as long as he can.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey, if there are only a dozen people on tour that warrant being able to win each week then what are the rest of them doing turning up?

Based on some of the above there must be a hundred guys in the field each week that basically should retire as they have no chance of winning an event.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey, if there are only a dozen people on tour that warrant being able to win each week then what are the rest of them doing turning up?

Based on some of the above there must be a hundred guys in the field each week that basically should retire as they have no chance of winning an event.

Trying to earn a decent living ??

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site

100's of touring pros make a very good living without often if ever winning

Tiger's case is pretty unique, as others have said let's hope that the 1000's of hours hitting balls (that he needs to even get close to competing) don't leave him wheelchair bound in later life

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
If he was a real Tiger I’d have put him down by now 

Coming from a man who has a thread about his own body being in a state of tatters? Why do you still play? You don’t get paid a penny and still hack it around in all weathers further ruining your decaying body?

Alot of people who don’t like me sure love to talk about me at every opportunity on here :whistle:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Coming from a man who has a thread about his own body being in a state of tatters? Why do you still play? You don’t get paid a penny and still hack it around in all weathers further ruining your decaying body?

Alot of people who don’t like me sure love to talk about me at every opportunity on here :whistle:

You tell em Tiger.......:whoo:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do love the internet rules of extreme viewpoints only, seems exacerbated whenever Woods is brought up aswell :)

I'm not a fan or a "hater", he'll generate a lot of interest and hopefully he can get fit enough to play as much/little as he wants. He certainly brings attention to the sport which, in Europe especially, it desperately needs.

Never understand people saying that he should retire? Why? Pretty sure he's earned the right to choose to carry on playing if he so wishes, whether or not he is "deluded" about what he can or can't achieve.

Would I watch the Hero World Challenge if he wasn't playing? Maybe.

Will I watch it to see his comeback? Definitely.

Regardless of how he plays that is the impact he has on TV ratings and attendances etc etc etc so fair play to him if he wants another crack.

Amen to that brother.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will it be worth watching his tournament next week. Will we see Tiger limping down the fairway or get to see the other golfers playing?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just had £10 on him to win his first event at 50/1. long shot i know. I've also put £10 of sky bet credit i had to use on him at 300/1 winning "wire to wire" does anyone know what that means???

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I've just had £10 on him to win his first event at 50/1. long shot i know. I've also put £10 of sky bet credit i had to use on him at 300/1 winning "wire to wire" does anyone know what that means???

Think it’s to win his first 2 events