Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 1147

Realists are looking for him simply completing all 4 rounds
Trouble is a lot of people are expecting a top 5 at least...

I'd be happy with a top 18

Last edited by a moderator:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Guess you'll need to ask the guys at that end of the rankings that are battling away week in, week out trying to gain ranking points.

I could be wrong but there probably accepting that the top players in the world pick up some additional ranking points from this event, and on this occasion not be too upset that Tiger gets them based on the history and 14 members rather than his current rankings. Or should anyone receiving a sponsors invite to a tournament be excluded from points as it happens every tournament and didn't get in purely on rankings?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There will probably be more pictures of yachts in the harbour than on course action if it is anything like last year.

As for the ranking points, the whole system is flawed big time. As good as Tigger has been for the game there is no way he should accumulate any points from this tournament. None of them should.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't think there is any doubt the awarding of ranking points for this event is flawed. I just hope Woods is ready although how hard the field will actually push given they all pick up decent money and ranking points and it's a season ender jolly remains to be seen

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't watch then.

The problem is people want to watch the golf but when Woods plays the Coverage is always just him regardless of how well his playing - the rest of the field are forgotten .

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Guess you'll need to ask the guys at that end of the rankings that are battling away week in, week out trying to gain ranking points.

With the greatest respect to those guys. They are journeyman pros scratching a living. Good luck to em, but if tiger woods manages to stay fit for a year. Does anyone truly believe his ranking would remain sub 500?

if he wasn’t there, it would simply be another top 20star, those guys in the lower reaches aren’t losing points to woods as such. Simply the tournament.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the press conference last night and I can’t be the only one thinking that there’s a touch of Groundhog Day about the whole thing, it all could easily have been lifted from any one of the previous comebacks. Hopefully it’s the real thing this time but I get less optimistic each time.

U

User62651

Watched the press conference last night and I can’t be the only one thinking that there’s a touch of Groundhog Day about the whole thing, it all could easily have been lifted from any one of the previous comebacks. Hopefully it’s the real thing this time but I get less optimistic each time.

Watched a little youtube stuff from Tiger in the Bahamas, swing's a bit more compact and looks go to go this time -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7s6Em64Iek

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
If he's healthy it's all good. But those expecting too much, should remember the terrible chipping yips he had 12 months ago. For me this is all about TW completing 4 rounds in good health. If he finishes above other players, all the better for him hopefully being a regular part of 2018.