Tigers back.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will this be his last roll of the dice?

Yes I think so, think after his latest op and recovery time I think if his back goes again or can't play well enough to play weekends then I think he'll give up the game competitively or pick and choose his events and play that way.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good luck to the guy - hope he's not putting his health at risk by picking up again. You only have one back - and you are stuck with it for life.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good luck to the guy - hope he's not putting his health at risk by picking up again. You only have one back - and you are stuck with it for life.

lets not get too carried away. he will hardly end up in a wheelchair swinging a golf club with a dicky back.

there are guys going out today with bad backs with a shovel in hand to put food on the table.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha- unbelievably so. Going to be real disappointed when he limps off the course after 6 holes tomorrow at +7. Until that happens, THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!!!ONE!!!!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
lets not get too carried away. he will hardly end up in a wheelchair swinging a golf club with a dicky back.

there are guys going out today with bad backs with a shovel in hand to put food on the table.

..and look how many of them end up when in their 60s and 70s...

I hope he doesn't jigger his back well and good. But not many of us swing the club as he does and at the speed he does - with the twisting that his swing entails and the impact on the ground that results from his swing.

I do wish him well. But also feel he has to gang warily

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There's an awful lot of people on Twitter embarrassing themselves by having instant multiples because they've just seen a fist pump...
Seriously.....
Attention GOLF - get a grip of perspective

Please.......

D

Deleted member 15344

A par 5 in two, a club twirl and ball chase, a birdie, a long par putt sunk and a fist pump. Tiger's back.

:rofl:

And a duffed chip somewhere I’m guessing plus a wild drive into the rubbish - Twitter right now plus the Sky commentary are a touch embarrassing by going a little over the top

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Had it on for the last 30 minutes and the circus has focussed 80%+ on Tigger.

Now all were getting is all the reruns of his swing changes, ffs, I’m going to watch Strictly Take 2, I can genuinely get excited if some decent tottie is on, not get all wet over a has been who’s seen better days.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boom. The classic Tiger hard swing and recoil with the driver. We're seeing a much free-er swing from Tiger than we have the last few comebacks. Played a lovely stinger out of the waste area on the Par 5 (another shot that has disappeared during his last few comebacks) and then he took an almighty rip at that drive. Positive signs.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's the leader of the -1 group by the TV company......when in actual fact he should be a little further down as a couple of -1 are a hole ahead him.... Tv company pandering to ratings.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not watching it but from Dan's running commentary it seems he is hacking out of rough from missing fairways and having to hole long putts to save par.

Yep.....Tiger's back :rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched a fair bit of US golf, and they seem to randomly place players on the same score. In Europe scores are shown by Sky in holes played order.

Woods is looking pretty good to me. Giving it a 'healthy' smack. I imagine it will take longer for his short game to get back to where it was a few years back. If Woods wasn't playing I wouldn't be watching. Mind you if Jack Nicklaus was playing I would watch him at nearly 80 . You don't get to watch true legends of the game play that often.