Tigers back.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree re his short game. Imo he’s always had the best short game in the world. Mickelsons may excite people more, but Woods was better.

I think the test will be ausgusts tbh. Bay hill has lots of space and last week he only hit a handful of drives. When he hits driver 40 plus times over 4 days (hopefully), we will have a better idea. Because the previous outing he had no idea where it was going, meaning more luck than judgment with the trouble he invariably went into.

100% agree on Woods short game

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Question

woods is a vice captain for the Ryder cup

could he still be called as a wild card? say if his form was really good and they fancied bringing the goat back

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not so sure it will be that different, no changes have been made to the course. I'm sure he will have been up already to play and will probably go up once or twice more for a couple of early practice rounds and to get a feel for the place but I'd expect a pretty strong showing if I'm honest

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Question

woods is a vice captain for the Ryder cup

could he still be called as a wild card? say if his form was really good and they fancied bringing the goat back

Of course they could. Non playing captains/vice capts is a fairly recent phenomena

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm not so sure it will be that different, no changes have been made to the course. I'm sure he will have been up already to play and will probably go up once or twice more for a couple of early practice rounds and to get a feel for the place but I'd expect a pretty strong showing if I'm honest

I didn’t mean he’d have forgotten the course. I meant that there is more trouble for being wayward off the tee at Augusta.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If this form continues and he stays fit, he'll be playing in Paris without doubt. Imagine coming up against Tiger and Reed in the Fourballs. No thank you!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If this form continues and he stays fit, he'll be playing in Paris without doubt. Imagine coming up against Tiger and Reed in the Fourballs. No thank you!

Tiger's Ryder Cup record

• Total Matches: 33
  • Singles (W-L-H): 4-1-2
  • Foursomes (W-L-H): 4-8-1
  • Four-balls (W-L-H): 5-8-0
Won 5 lost 8

And that was mostly in his prime

D

Deleted member 15344

One top ten so far - and I expect Europe would have no problems facing him in the RC - his record is pretty poor in RC.

D

Deleted member 1147

Tiger's Ryder Cup record

• Total Matches: 33
  • Singles (W-L-H): 4-1-2
  • Foursomes (W-L-H): 4-8-1
  • Four-balls (W-L-H): 5-8-0
Won 5 lost 8

Always being let down by his playing partners?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

That would be 1 excuse but his singles record isn't as great as you would probably have expected either especially as he never tended to get put against any of Europes top men.

Beaten - Molinari, Karlsson, Casey, Coltart

Lost to - Rocca

Halved - Molinari, Parnevik

D

Deleted member 1418

Ah yes, can fondly remember the Woods and Mickelsen 'dream team' pairing in 2004 at Oakland Hills - beaten by Monty and Harrington in the morning; and then Clarke and Westwood in the afternoon!

Not nearly as bad as the Woods / Stricker partnership in 2012 at Medinah - got spanked 3 times!!

Happy days!! :D

D

Deleted member 1418

Not nearly as bad as the Woods / Stricker partnership in 2012 at Medinah - got spanked 3 times!!

Could be argued that Tiger was as crucial to Europe's victory than Poulter's birdie blitz on the Saturday afternoon!! ;) :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Could be argued that Tiger was as crucial to Europe's victory than Poulter's birdie blitz on the Saturday afternoon!! ;) :D

Not been on a winning RC since 1998 - I hope they pick him 😀😀😀

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Coverage of Tiger's round at the Arnold Palmer Invitational starts tomorrow at 12.23 on Sky Sports. For all you Tiger haters there's Peppa Pig on BBC iPlayer.