Tiger Woods Return To The Tour

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is it just me who has a bad feeling about this?

A bit like a heavyweight boxer who has been a champion and is making a comeback when he is really past his best. You hope for the best but fear the worst.

We remember Tiger in his pomp and I worry it's going to be a painful watching experience this year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He wasn't happy with the pace of play, waiting on most shots isn't what he's used to he said and as such couldn't maintain a rhythm, maybe he's the ambassador we all need for our fight against slow play.

Or maybe he's just Tom kite now irrelevant of what driver is in the bag 😜

#SpentForce

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
"'longest 3 wood ever'' is the line that worries me.

It would be refreshing to hear him say it was the straightest. He must still have that distance ego thing hanging over him. He was saying all the right things before his come back about having to think his way more around the course but by all accounts he just banged driver all over the show last night.

Missed it all as I had to work. Hope he can get back on track this evening. Either way looking forward to seeing the great man back.

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
He wasn't happy with the pace of play, waiting on most shots isn't what he's used to he said and as such couldn't maintain a rhythm, maybe he's the ambassador we all need for our fight against slow play.

Or maybe he's just Tom kite now irrelevant of what driver is in the bag 

#SpentForce

I can't help but feel this is a sort of set up to have a go about JDay pace of play - don't you think?
Hot topic right now and seems strange that Tiger plays with him, misses a load of fairways, 20 yards behind Day and further from DJ and this is the headline story.
Hard to miss the whole Tigermania going on all over again.

Always been in awe of what he can do on a golf course.
But I'm not a fan of all the hype - him or anyone else to be honest.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought he did ok. Pretty well when you compare against the world no 1 and the PGA golfer of the year last year. :cool:

Not much forensic analysis when Day was carving it all over the park....

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched a bit last night.......thing is Tiger is just so far behind these modern guys now in terms of length. He needs to rip it more off the tee but his body will not be able to take it. It is a bit sad to watch as we all deep down want him to do well but he will not hold it together for four rounds in a row. He is good box office though and a great ambassador on the course. He has had his day unfortunately but what a 'day' it was... Time to exit stage left gracefully..........

GO Justin.........!

M

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched a bit last night.......thing is Tiger is just so far behind these modern guys now in terms of length. He needs to rip it more off the tee but his body will not be able to take it. It is a bit sad to watch as we all deep down want him to do well but he will not hold it together for four rounds in a row. He is good box office though and a great ambassador on the course. He has had his day unfortunately but what a 'day' it was... Time to exit stage left gracefully..........

GO Justin.........!

M

Yeah, how is he meant to keep up when he's only hitting it 307 ave!!😳😂

Don't forget your meds 👍

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
299.3 for the week.......:D what I meant, he just doesn't look in control......he had some great up and downs and reality his score could have been much worse....Meds taken, now off to whack a few balls..........

M

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What will he take out of this? Driver obviously very errant and distance putting wasn't quite Tiger like but short game in generally good nick. Is it rustiness?

He'll take a huge amount from it. He'll know more about where is game is, he'll know that his short game and putting is moving in the right direction, he has two rounds under his belt at tournament pace. Everything about the last two days was good for him. I don't suppose he will be too surprised he missed the cut. The fact he is playing 4 out of 5 weeks tells us that he knows he needs game time. He wouldn't be back if he didn't think he could do it, what he needs to do now is make the transition from practice to tournament play.