Tiger Woods Return To The Tour

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You guys saying he wont be competitive this season are crazy IMO as long as he stays healthy enough to play.

The last time he was fit was 2013. He won 5 events and very quickly went back to world number 1.
I don't think he will have that sort of impact, but the jokes saying he will languish down the bottom of the leaderboard all season, are way off. He will complete regularly by mid/end of the season IF his body holds up.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
You guys saying he wont be competitive this season are crazy IMO as long as he stays healthy enough to play.

The last time he was fit was 2013. He won 5 events and very quickly went back to world number 1.
I don't think he will have that sort of impact, but the jokes saying he will languish down the bottom of the leaderboard all season, are way off. He will complete regularly by mid/end of the season IF his body holds up.

I think it's bold to make a strong prediction either way. We don't really know what we're going to get from Woods, whether he stays healthy or not. I'd like to think he'll be competitive, but until he gets through a couple of tournaments without any pain and with his game back to some level of consistency it's hard to consider him being competitive. Same thing the other way though, you're equally crazy to suggest there's no way Tiger will ever win again, especially when guys like Padraig Harrington, Graeme Storm, Jim Herman, Brian Stuard and Charley Hoffman are still winning on Tour.

Tiger did make more birdies than anyone in the field in his last outing though, so the scoring is there, and hopefully once he gets this run of tournaments going he'll find some consistency and begin to be able to keep the bad ones off his card. It's very much a waiting game and he could go either way. Personally, as a fan of Tiger, I'd love to see him go low tonight and be in contention come Sunday.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When he was winning, he was bullet proof. Now he has chunked a few wedges, and missed a few puts it will always be ready to bite him.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally, I'm looking forward to his return. I hope he stays fit, makes the cut and gets back to being competitive. I know all won't agree but in the time I have played golf seriously, he has been the single best player I have ever seen. I for one would love to see him in contention in another major on Sunday afternoon, it only has to be one, just for old times sake.

Good luck Tiger :thup:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I really can't agree with this and i'm speaking as a TW fan here,the guy has lost total confidence in his game, now and again the once brilliance comes out in his play but golf is a long game and he simply can"t keep the form going,yesterday he dropped 6 shots in 6 holes which you simply cant do at this standard and be competitive.i'm going to stick my neck out here and I think that out of the 4 tournaments Woods is scheduled to play in 5 weeks he wont make the cut in any of them.Woods was one of the greatest players ever but the golf worlds moved on without him.

Last edited:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really can't agree with this and i'm speaking as a TW fan here,the guy has lost total confidence in his game, now and again the once brilliance comes out in his play but golf is a long game and he simply can"t keep the form going,yesterday he dropped 6 shots in 6 holes which you simply cant do at this standard and be competitive.i'm going to stick my neck out here and I think that out of the 4 tournaments Woods is scheduled to play in 5 weeks he wont make the cut in any of them.Woods was one of the greatest players ever but the golf worlds moved on without him.

Is the correct comment, it happens to every great sportsman, lets hope he realises it too.

D

Deleted member 1418

Personally won't be surprised if he struggles in his first few events as he gets used to 'tournament' golf again (lets face it, the Hero Challenge is just a more up-market Forum Meet and the opportunity for a knock with a bunch of mates whilst having a load of beers and a few BBQs every evening!!) I think we'll have more idea as to where his game is in March when things become a bit more serious when a certain event held in Georgia is on the horizon!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Personally won't be surprised if he struggles in his first few events as he gets used to 'tournament' golf again (lets face it, the Hero Challenge is just a more up-market Forum Meet and the opportunity for a knock with a bunch of mates whilst having a load of beers and a few BBQs every evening!!) I think we'll have more idea as to where his game is in March when things become a bit more serious when a certain event held in Georgia is on the horizon!

Are you organising an american forum meet?? :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

If he is to do well, he's going have to sort out his driving. He only hit 4 fairways on the front 9 and none on the back 9.
What I don't understand is, with all his experience, why did he not switch to the 3 wood on the back 9 when it became obvious his driver wasn't working.
You have to be pretty stupid to keep hitting the driver when it's costing you bogeys
Or maybe that's it, he is just stupid?

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
What I don't understand is what he is trying to do off the tee. Feet aiming left, swings left, ball goes right......and repeat.....if that's me I am checking my alignment, making sure I am releasing the club, all the stock stuff. If that's his game plan, then it's all good if it works........