Tiger update

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Message from a friend of mine US based, reads as follows:

This is pretty close to what I've heard from some guys at WhisperRock Country Club. By the way, the "buddies" he was playing poker with was MarkO'Meara and John Cook @ O'Meara's house. This is supposedly from someone who knows an Isleworth member livingclose to Tiger...... As you all know Tiger's agent is Mark Steinberg. I have a Member wholives 10 houses down from Tiger in Isleworth. My Member plays golf withand is a good friend of an IMG insider who got the following informationdirectly from Steinberg and related it to me. I was told that thefollowing is up to date as of yesterday. On Thanksgiving Day, after he and Elin and the family had Turkey Dinner,Tiger spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch watching football andtexting Rachel. After he received and sent text message back and forthto Rachel, he would clear his message box to destroy the evidence. Atsome point during the afternoon texting session, one of Tiger's Orlandobuds called him to see if he wanted to get together at the Clubhouse toplay poker with the guys. Tiger agreed and left the house around 7:30 togo play poker. He left behind his cell phone....and one message he hadforgot to delete from Rachel. When Tiger returned home around 11:30 -12 that night, Elin confrontedhim about the text message she had found on his phone. A heateddiscussion ensued. According to what I was told, there was more"incriminating evidence" than just the text message (i.e. photos). Tigertold Elin that she was reading too much in to it, and that she did notknow the whole story. Tiger went upstairs to change into his gym shortsand t-shirt, came back downstairs were Elin confronted him, again. Tigergave her the same story as before and sat down in a chair in the livingroom. Elin sat across from him. She urged Tiger to just come clean. Tigerstuck to his story and denied everything. At one point Tiger turned awayto look at the TV, and as he turned back, Elin, enraged, hit him on theright side of the face with the head of a 9 - iron. When she struckTiger, she put a huge gash in the right side of his face next to hisnose (causing his nose to bruise some), virtually knocked out two of hisupper teeth, and broke the bone on the upper right side. Tiger, scared as hell, ran down the hallway, out of the house to thegarage (explaining why he had on no shoes) followed by Elin swinging thegolf club. Tiger hopped into the Escalade and tried to leave. As we knowElin knocked out the windows in the Escalade in the process as well asdoing considerable damage in the hallway. When Tiger crashed, Elin panicked and was not sure what to tell thepolice (which is why there are two conflicting stories from her). Whenthis happened, Elin immediately called Mark Steinberg to tell him whathappened, and Mark told Elin to tell him what hospital they were goingto, and he would meet them there. If you remember FHP kept showing up at Isleworth to talk to Tiger, andwas told by another FL attorney, hired by Tiger for PR reasons, thatTiger was not ready to talk. This is why. As amazing as it may seem, Tiger was in Phoenix. Tiger was originallytransported to the hospital in Orlando with Elin in the ambulance wherethey were met by Mr. Steinberg. Tiger was taken in for X-Rays, etc. toassess the damage. The doctors told Steinberg there was not much theycould do to repair the teeth and the gash, but did know a cosmeticdentist and plastic surgeon in Phoenix who could make Tiger look as ifnothing happened. Tiger told Steinberg to get the jet ready and he andSteinberg flew to Phoenix to see the surgeon. The resulting procedureswere more intense than what everyone had expected which meant Tiger wasin PHX longer than expected. Tiger and Steinberg did not arrive back inOrlando until either late last Wednesday night or early Thursdaymorning. Since arriving back in Orlando, Tiger and Elin have been in intensemarriage counseling sessions (up to 6 to 7 hours a day) every day! BothTiger and Elin have told the counselors they love each other, and wantto make the marriage work. The reports you are reading on TMZ andRadarOnline are about 30% accurate at best according to Mark. Tiger has not returned to his house at Isleworth since the day of theaccident except for the therapy sessions. IMG has enlisted theassistance of one of its most recognized sports figures, and Tiger hastaken up residence in his neighborhood - Bay Hill. Because of the highregard in which Tiger holds him and based on his public persona when hewas at the height of his game, the person IMG contacted was ArnoldPalmer. He has agreed to intervene with Tiger. IMG is convinced that ifanyone can get through to Tiger, Mr. Palmer may be the only person whocan. As to other rumors, my source claims that the moving trucks being shownon TMZ and RadarOnline are moving out pictures and furniture which wasdamaged during their Thanksgiving Day argument - not because of Elinmoving out. Yes, Elin has retained a divorce attorney, but has not filedany papers. As of yesterday, she had no intention of doing so. Tiger has not made any public appearances or statements due to thesurgery and plastic surgery he had in PHX. It will be about anothermonth if not more before he gets in front of a camera. Yes, Tiger ishitting golf balls late at night at Bay Hill out of their teachingcenter (which is equipped with lights). In regards to Tiger's boat beingin Palm Beach this week, along with Rachel; that part is true. However,Tiger is not on the boat, is not in Palm Beach, and Rachel is not on theboat. Her parents live 6 blocks from where the boat is, but that is it. That is as up to date as I have........

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems way too much information and with no offence intended it is still second or third hand. I'll wait and see how it plays out for myself rather than getting a mate of mates account no matter who they are and how close to the action they've been

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suspect this kind of hearsay is the nearest we mortals will ever get to knowing what really happened. I for one do not give a fig about Tigers personal life/exploits. I just want him back where he belongs in the No1 spot wowing the crowds on the golf course.

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
come on guy`s ..give the guy a break - he`s only tryin to give us a more accurate version of what`s happened !!so most of us are not interested in tiger`s flings ..doesn`t give u the right to slag him off ...gcd

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This story has been published elsewhere, and large elements, if not all, have been discredited as bollocks.

Particularly the part about him having plastic surgery on an acute injury, which is not good medical practice.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My cousin is presently on holiday in Florida and he's just phoned me to say that the girl on the car hire desk at the airport told him that it was an 8 iron and not a 9. :D