Tiger at Pebble Beach

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I hear that Tiger is Playing at the Pebble Beach pro-am this week and just wondered what you guys think of he`s chances.Personally I still dont think the guy has done enough to show he can mix it with the top guys,He won he`s (self invited) world challenge in a field of 16 which was possibly an end of season jolly for the players.I think to he`s benefit the relaxed nature of the pro-am will be favourable for him but I still cant see him further than mid field and pretty much where he left the big tounaments in 2011 as his tournament golf still seems too inconsistant.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pebble pro am is in Feb, its the Sony Open this week in Hawaii.

I think TW will win again this year but cant see him winning a biggy, his best is past IMO.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hear that Tiger is Playing at the Pebble Beach pro-am this week and just wondered what you guys think of he`s chances.Personally I still dont think the guy has done enough to show he can mix it with the top guys,He won he`s (self invited) world challenge in a field of 16 which was possibly an end of season jolly for the players.I think to he`s benefit the relaxed nature of the pro-am will be favourable for him but I still cant see him further than mid field and pretty much where he left the big tounaments in 2011 as his tournament golf still seems too inconsistant.

How many times, he doesn't automatically get to play in "his" tournament. He was invited on a sponsor's invite but only because he was in the top 50 in yhe world at the time the field was invited. Don't let the facts get in the way though

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
OOPs thanks Valentino I heard he was playing and I assumed it was this week :eek: as I no longer have sky ive totally forgot the PGA golf callender!.Anyway be interesting to hear he`s chances.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
How many times, he doesn't automatically get to play in "his" tournament. He was invited on a sponsor's invite but only because he was in the top 50 in yhe world at the time the field was invited. Don't let the facts get in the way though

Wasnt Tiger out of the top 50 before the world challenge?? seem to think he was,also there would have been higher placed golfers than tiger that could have been invited to "he`s" tourmament.Not knocking the guy but I do think he was on the guest list due to it being he`s tournament.I for one would love to see Tiger back up there mixing it with the likes of Donald,Westwood and Mcilroy etc.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wasnt Tiger out of the top 50 before the world challenge?? seem to think he was,also there would have been higher placed golfers than tiger that could have been invited to "he`s" tourmament.Not knocking the guy but I do think he was on the guest list due to it being he`s tournament.I for one would love to see Tiger back up there mixing it with the likes of Donald,Westwood and Mcilroy etc.

Im sure he was 54th in the OWGR at the time and would have got an invite due to those who didn't play.

Theres no doubting his talent but his temprament is a bit suspect just now, Im unsure if he'll win a biggy again.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was inside top 50 at the time the invite was accepted, which would have been many weeks before the event .... Same as all tournaments it had a cutoff date.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, I do think he has some wins left in him and he knows how to win - that is going to be the biggest factor when he gives himself a chance. If Darren Clarke can win a major I reckon Tiger will again, for sure!

Chris

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
He has got form around Pebble Beach, so not a bad place to start his 2012 season. Don't think it will be set up quite like it is for the US Open though.;)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

At the time the invites were sent he was inside the top 50. It's part of the requirement of the tournament getting world ranking points that all players are inside the top 50 at time of inviting. If he wasn't in the top 50 he would have been a non-playing host.

B

birdieman

Instead of picking events like he did in his prime I wonder if he needs week in week out tour golf for 2 or 3 months to get really sharp again.
I think he could figure highly this year, if he's fit (which he seems to be) and if he can get the driver working half decent.
Needs more tournament golf imo.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Instead of picking events like he did in his prime I wonder if he needs week in week out tour golf for 2 or 3 months to get really sharp again.
I think he could figure highly this year, if he's fit (which he seems to be) and if he can get the driver working half decent.
Needs more tournament golf imo.

I agree, I think he needs to play more often to get back into the groove. If he does he could still be a force

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Pebble Beach event although a PGA tour event and carries world ranking points, Fed Ex points, is what it says and a pro-am and so the atmosphere is a lot less relaxed. I think to a degree Woods has been a bit cute and if he isn't swinging well can relax and have fun with whichever A list he gets to play with and take a lot of attention and pressure off his game. Its a nice low key sort of event to get him back on the course and seeing where his game is