AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Predictions

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
^^^^^

Just reading that he's played almost every day since New Year handing in 30+ cards and with the US system based on just the last 20 rounds it means all that good scoring in 2017 doesn't even figure as part of his current handicap

D

Deleted member 15344

Reading plenty of feedback from the US that Pro-Ams have had their day. I'm sure we'd all prefer to watch the World's best just play the tournament.

What about the millions that are raised for charity - some of these slots in Pro Ams can go up to £100k

Maybe for the once a year it is also the Dunhill the same it’s worth having the Pro Ams because of the good that comes about from it

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kevin Streelman and Larry Fitzgerald won the pro-am by a mile. Had led to people questioning Fitzgerald's handicap. Someone found his HI record and it makes for pretty interesting reading:

fitzhandi.png

Low handicap of 6.6 - has risen 4 shots in 5 months. US handicap system is so weird.

It would take me about 5 years to go out that much. On the face of it, this system would seem even easier to manipulate than ours, I wonder how this works out in club comps, or do most US golfers not do comps like us?