Tier 4 - that's golf out for a while!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The new Tier 4 restrictions have now put paid to golf until the rules change - even though the club is in Tier 2 and still open!!!

I guess the members that live in Tier 2 will have a very quiet course to themselves over the next few weeks :(:(

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not sure if it's any consolation or not, but as a member living in Tier 4 with a club in Tier 4, the only way to cope with demand is to reduce the bookings to 9 holes only.

Given that and the weather, I think I'll be giving it a miss until the New Year and a change in restrictions.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our club is in the same position, a lot of tee slots freed up today as tier 4 members aren’t allowed to play. I guess from 31st we will all be tier 4 so either none of us are playing or all of us are playing.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We are tier 4, 2 balls only. It's just not golf to me. Golf is more than whacking a little ball with a stick. If that was it, I would give it up. It's just soulless. Golf is breakfast, 4 balls, swindles, beers, lunch, the whole shebang. Ideally in the sun, on a course that isn't a swamp.

Oh, and no, 2 balls are not faster. We were 3 1/2 hours today, when I have played in 4 balls in 3 hours.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In tier 4, played today and got a booking for a 2 ball on Wednesday - more likely not to play Wednesday because the course is very wet

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're tier 4 - two ball and 9 holes only so everyone can get a game

Same at my club. Give everybody a crack at getting a game. Got a game lined up for Boxing Day so a happy camper. We have put some competition entry forms up for comps in January but now think we're being overly optimistic and can't see anything but two balls until March

IanMcC

Visit site
I stay in North Wales. Hardly any covid cases round here, but the whole of Wales has been classed as Tier 4 since midnight yesterday. Unlike Englandshire, Tier 4 in Wales means golf courses must close. So, no more golf, at all, until mid January at earliest. Unlike the poster earlier, 2 balls only would be very welcome around these parts.