Thoughts and advice on this one.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with nicking golf clubs but a strange story. On a very wet but mild comp day, I went to the locker room to take off my trousers and put on the waterproof trousers. After the round, I went to change back. I put on my trousers and found there was no belt - not good news for my physique. I reported it to the proshop and was very surprised to get my belt back a few days later - there is CCTV in the locker room.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with nicking golf clubs but a strange story. On a very wet but mild comp day, I went to the locker room to take off my trousers and put on the waterproof trousers. After the round, I went to change back. I put on my trousers and found there was no belt - not good news for my physique. I reported it to the proshop and was very surprised to get my belt back a few days later - there is CCTV in the locker room.
Obviously the culprit was a 4x player or wanted a hula hoop :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 29109

This is why I have generic plain headcovers on my woods and putter. I started doing this after a series of Scotty Cameron thefts around the area I used to play in.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with the buy it on Ebay train of thought but I'd tell him I'll collect and pay cash. Turn up with a few mates in tow, ask to check out the putter then tell him to feck off as you walk down his drive with it in your hands ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played today and bumped into an ex PP in the car park, we had finished he was just starting.

He tells me he had a golf club nicked out of his bag. He had played the 9th, was walking past the clubhouse and car park and a fellow PPs back was playing up. So Me ex PP ran to his mates car and got his support belt out of the boot. Picked his bag up which he had left near the club shop /driving range/courtyard. He got down to the 10th with his pals got to the 10th green and his putter is missing.
He then goes onto tell me he reported the club going missing in the office and was informed that a society from 100 miles away is playing the course that day. Now he has been looking on Facebook and eBay for this club on the off chance it may surface, and lo and behold one that is exactly the same has turned up on ebay (but it has a different grip). He mentioned markings etc on the club. Not only that it is from the same town that’s over 100 miles away as the society that played our place. Suffice to say he is gutted his club was nicked.
Thats as much as I know but is there really anything he can do.
Thoughts greatly appreciated.
Just a thought :eek:, if this happened recently, the club will /should have the names and contact details of all the said Society. Track him/her down if the names match, go get it back or call the cops.(y)

Last edited:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Just a thought :eek:, if this happened recently, the club will /should have the names and contact details of all the said Society. Track him/her down if the names match, go get it back or call the cops.(y)
I guess the club is potentially breaking a data protection law there though, no? If I was working at the club then I would absolutely try to help, but I could see why some clubs may be a little bit wary.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm with the buy it on Ebay train of thought but I'd tell him I'll collect and pay cash. Turn up with a few mates in tow, ask to check out the putter then tell him to feck off as you walk down his drive with it in your hands ?
Could you walk away without breaking a few windows or scratching his car?

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I played a round at Lindrick a couple of years ago. I went into the changing room to change me shoes. None of that change them in the carpark nonsense. Anyway there was a member who was not amused. Someone had taken his loafer type shoes and replaced them with the same style grubby pair. His were a pair of brand new 8’s and these were a grubby size 11. I looked around the changing room and there must of been half a dozen same style shoes left out. ?

I wonder why mine have never been taken?

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to play golf with a guy whose shoes used to fit me when I had my own shoes on!! He had his made by Harland & Wolff!

I once went to a society day with two pairs of shoes in the car. Another player forgot his shoes and was asking if anyone had a spare pair so he borrowed mine. He bought three pairs of extra socks and still found them extremely loose!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hung around in the car park for five mins til me man turned Up who had his scotty knicked. He said he has spoken to his old man who said if you bought it off ebay, could you really prove that it was yours. He said taking away all the coincidences. He could not be 100% sure. So he is reluctantly letting it go.. Then mentioned he is getting another putter. I thought it might be a bit cheeky to say I have a Taylormade TRUSS TM1 for sale especially as I mentioned I was not going to Southport with him.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hung around in the car park for five mins til me man turned Up who had his scotty knicked. He said he has spoken to his old man who said if you bought it off ebay, could you really prove that it was yours. He said taking away all the coincidences. He could not be 100% sure. So he is reluctantly letting it go.. Then mentioned he is getting another putter. I thought it might be a bit cheeky to say I have a Taylormade TRUSS TM1 for sale especially as I mentioned I was not going to Southport with him.
You have a putter for sale
He needs one.
It’s your Civic duty to offer.:oops: