This Seasons Goals

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Would love to get the handicap back down to 7 or under and get my chipping back to where it used to be, but probably wouldn't as I now only play for fun than scores tbh.

However my real goal is to try to play as many courses/golf as I can. Play as much as I can with my son, as his life is moving/changing due to his age and that 'our' time is now quite limited. Sad face!

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Just joined a club and likely starting from 24-28 when I get my cards in. Hoping to make the teens as have shot 91 before, but, will need to play a lot to make that happen, although my pro thinks it's what I should be aiming for!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get down to 7 or 8

Get selected for the B Team

Win a board comp

Might as well go for it, I reckon I have the ability, just need to get a run of play together and not get too interrupted by work trips away.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a few goals for the season:

Play more comps than previous years.

Get handicap down to 12.4.

Top 10 home open.

Qualify for club championship.

Have a few other playing goals but these are the main ones I'm focusing on. Hopefully I will achieve them, but tbh I only really care about getting my handicap down.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm looking for more consistency in my game and I'd like to get to a single figure handicap. I have booked lessons with our club teaching pro and hoping to get better results in the medals this year to drag my handicap down.

Like all golfers, I know there's a better one in there screaming to get out, it just needs a little help. :D

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rebuild my game after a back injury to the point where I can play regularly and compete. Not sure what that means exactly but it sounds about right.

Playing a few more courses would be nice and as much golf with the lad as possible. I've been fortunate enough to win many of the club events that I always wanted to and goals are definitely shifting as I get a bit older. For the first time ever hcp feels irrelevant and I like that feeling.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, with new Rogue Fairways in the Bag, and the Driver binned, finding fairways more consistently is my immediate target. If I do that, I'll be on the right track for Handicap reductions......

At 56 shortly, and working for myself from home, I aim to pop out a lot more for some sneaky short game practice when the sun's out too, -I'm not one for playing a lot of holes on my own, but a couple of balls for an hour does good things if you test yourself I've found.

Ultimately, I'd love to get down to 7 once at least, .....closest I got was 7.7, and since then have hovered between 8 & 9 for 2/3 years, so thats the plan, and fairways will be a big step forward to that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Like all golfers, I know there's a better one in there screaming to get out, it just needs a little help. :D

You and me both. I'm taking a far more laid back approach, cutting down on lessons. focusing on short game practice and trying to improve my thinking/visualisation on the course and simply go out, trust it, relax and hit it. As long as I keep enjoying my golf it won't matter where the handicap goes.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Goal is to get down to a Cat 1 handicap.

To do that I need more consistency in my long game especially my driver. I've made some adjustments to my swing and it feels like that is already on the way. Not saying everything is down the middle (but certainly more are) but my bad shots aren't anywhere near as bad as they used to meaning I usually have a shot on.

The other is to get more confidence in my short game, I am very streaky chipper and putter so when I'm on I play very well, but when I'm off it's terrible 39 putts yesterday.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Get down to 6.4 (from 8.1); embrace lessons and the technology of our club's GC2 and HMT launch monitor swing studio; play one or two Top100 courses.

...and I might even get myself a distance measuring gizmo...so my objective is to accept that one might be useful and that I don't have to do all the distance measuring using on course indicators and my eyes.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Luckily for me even the bad days are enjoyable so i don't need to set 'enjoy it' as a goal

I want to shoot a PB and have a round clear of unforced errors

Fish

Banned
Visit site
2, possibly a 3 shot reduction would be nice, but to achieve that I need to get a bit fitter and shed a couple of stones and do some stamina training as I’m mentally & physically fatigued at the end of most rounds.