Thing that you have hit on a golf course. Apart from the green.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have played this game for many years now and have see some strange thing. I've hit a pigeon off a fence and it stopped it going OB mate has hit a horse in a field seemed to run for miles after and a mate thinned a shot right up a ducks !!! that was so funny. Mate landed a ball on club house roof last week at Celtic manor. Over to you .

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
What timing! I've literally just posted about this not an hour ago but I'll repeat.

10th tee, smothered a driver, low hook. Hits a tree about 15 yards away, 90 degree bounce off the trunk, lands on the pro shop roof 25 yards directly right. Bounces up onto a sloped slate roof, pings up off the clubhouse first floor window, comes to settle in a gutter on the clubhouse roof. This was only a couple of weeks ago.

I've also not so long since wedged it into a dry stone wall that forms the OOB up the right of our 13th. Was a tricky scenario!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thinned a wedge shot and hit a Stop road sign that was outside the course, on a road running alongside. The ball rebounded on to the green. The number of expletives from my pp was quite impressive. The fact that it was a stop sign just tickled me further. An obedient ball.

D

Deleted member 21258

Not long after starting to play, I was playing at Belfairs and was taking a swing with my driver and a squirrel ran out about 10 foot in front of us, I topped/thinned the ball and hit the squirrel:( . It went running off as quick as it had appeared but I would imagine it was not well afterwards.

I also hit a lady at Abbotsley golf club in the leg, due to a bad slice. A nasty ball like bump had come up, by the time we got over to her, hope I never hit a person again.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our course's 18th hole has a bowls green behind it, manage to thin one on to it the other night!

Got up and down off it though!!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bamburgh the other week, third hole a par five. Pulled my drive massively left. It went as straight as an Exocet about 15ft Max off the floor. Headed straight for the green keepers sheds. The four of us were quiet very quiet. Then bang, smash, crash, wallop. It was like a flippin pin ball machine. We then burst out laughing when nobody abused us.
I walked up quite apprehensive and saw the ball sat on the concrete forecourt a pp said you have got a shot from there. Within seconds a green keeper pulls up on a 4x4. I apologised and he says " tour not the first and won't be the last".:fore:

why have they not put nets up then.

when Bezerk smashed his drive about 30 yd before it hit a tree and rolled back down the path towards us at Tyneside. heavy grebo said " You have got away with that one". Bezerk said " Really". I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I was stood to the side of the fairway letting a faster group play through, I saw one of their drives hit a bumble bee in mid air. It was level with where I was stood and I saw the poor critter drop from the sky. I investigated and it was either stunned or brown bread.

D

Deleted member 17920

The 2nd hole at my old course used to be a par 5 till........

A wild slice I hit did scatter some aircrew once who was preparing a Spanish Air Force Hornet, they wasn't impressed.

Shortly after someone else hit a jet and caused some significant damage to an Indian air force jet so the hole got changed from a par 5 to a long par 4 from a totally different angle.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fourth tee at Bramshaw's Forest course: thinned the tee shot, it skipped up off the ground and deflected off of the derriere of a horse about 100 yards away. It didnt look impressed!

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Away course, par 5, decent drive , blind second but for a marker post on the brow of the hill 100ds away,

bullet of a 3 wood hits said post flush, comes back faster than it went and ended up 100yds behind me :angry:

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Put one onto the patio where a wedding party was enjoying wedding there drinks after the ceremony.

Lucky did not hit anyone, that is the first time i was glad to see an OOB marker to save me having to go and play it.

MrBrightside

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You know how those pulled shots go a mile with a real penetrating flight, well I pulled a 4i off the tee in Spain and hit Seat Ibiza parked about 60 yards away!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hit one of the Ladies Tee markers (the ones shaped like a golf ball with a slice removed) and ended up playing my 2nd from 60 yards behind my first - having narrowly avoided losing my head!