The SNIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, questions need to be asked how he got off with it. No way were all those people telling fibs!

Clearly some of the WhatsApp group of 9 were as one charge was dropped before the start of proceedings.
In the main attempted rape charge the woman was not even in Bute House on that day, as two of the three witnesses stated. The third could not remember even though the woman's arm was in a sling at that time. I do not think she mentioned her injury in her witness statement
She was not signed in by security either.
To give her the benefit of doubt, it was a long time ago and she might have got her dates muddled.:unsure:

As an affirmed anti SNP person I was wondering why you were following a lost cause [Salmon case] and not taking this opportunity to attack the SNP leadership. Open goal for you.:unsure:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes, questions need to be asked how he got off with it. No way were all those people telling fibs!

He got off as their was not sufficient evidence unless you are suggesting the legal system in Scotland is corrupt or flawed.

Corroboration was lacking.

In some case downright lies were uncovered.

Courts can only work on what evidence is available and lead.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nicola just eats them up and spits them out. :love:

Carlaw was always doomed when he refused to be critical of Cummings having stood very tall on his high horse regarding the Scottish Health civil servant who had to resign for visiting her holiday home in Fife.
His recent attempts to score petty political party points on the Scottish Governments covid plans were just pathetic.
Who will be next........not a great pool to select a new leader.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ruthie has eyes on the place where all failed politicians end up.
Something to do with a dead stoat on their shoulders.
you mean as in ... that fur's - er...mine?

But it could never be wee Roothie as she wouldn't swear an oath of fealty to Johnson. I rather liked this typical one "I promise on my faith that I will in the future be faithful to you, never cause you harm and will observe my homage to you completely against all persons in good faith and without deceit." Just can't see it.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agreed. Not strong enough to that manipulative little horror.
She'll be found out soon enough.
maybe - but if she is, as everything is relative, then another leader in another house may be on shakey ground...

Wondering if it was Sturgeon then who would it be? Must be some ideas out there. Unlikely to be Labour - and once more the Tories are leaderless. Elections coming. Scots electorate will make the judgments and have their say.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
maybe - but if she is, as everything is relative, then another leader in another house may be on shakey ground...

Wondering if it was Sturgeon then who would it be? Must be some ideas out there. Unlikely to be Labour - and once more the Tories are leaderless. Elections coming. Scots electorate will make the judgments and have their say.

Sadly, there is no reasonable alternative at the moment. Without Ruth Conservative have lost their way. Labour are finished in Scotland as those who voted for them have changed to SNP.
Scotland needs a unionist party to oppose SNP.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sadly, there is no reasonable alternative at the moment. Without Ruth Conservative have lost their way. Labour are finished in Scotland as those who voted for them have changed to SNP.
Scotland needs a unionist party to oppose SNP.

Red Card Ross might be just the man to take the Scots Tories to a new level.;)
{If he decides to go on an Independence ticket] :eek:

BTW Davidson's record was abysmal check the numbers.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just heard Carlaw's Holyrood reply to the First Minister this afternoon.
Truly horrendous stuff, full of bile and spite.
No wonder he felt compelled to resign.

Really? I watched the exchange. He nailed her on the the truth of prevalence statistic the SNP used and she admitted it at the second time of asking - NOTE, SHE ADMITTED IT. She spoke really well, the vast majority was around how the numbers have been driven down, and she was right to do so. As an aside, it might be worth remembering that with vast swathes of open land and a low population density that number was always going to be easier to control.

But a question can be asked that if the initial figures were false, as she admitted, how accurate are today's figures?

As for bile and spite? If you saw bile and spite in that exchange, a visit to Specsavers is in order.

And there's far worse comes out of Blackford's mouth on a regular basis. I like the FM but lets not get blinded by by too much hero worship.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...ives-leadership-bid/ar-BB17oNy9?ocid=msedgdhp

There you go Red Card Ross is a shoe in.
Only slight flaw in this great plan seems to be that first of all he has to be elected as an MSP. :love:
Directly elected Tory MSP's will be as rare as hens teeth come next election so he will probably have to sneek in on the list system.

Bit like Sturgeon speaking on UK politics when she's only FM in Scotland. Sod all to do with UK politics, just a county councillor.;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit like Sturgeon speaking on UK politics when she's only FM in Scotland. Sod all to do with UK politics, just a county councillor.;)
Ehhhh :unsure: So does that mean that Boris Johnson is not allowed to speak about American politics then.
What on earth has county councillors to do with this debate.
Very strange reply to a post about the prospective new Scots Tory leader.
Now will that be the 4th or 5th one under the first ministers reign. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.