The SNIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Haddington and the area is well worth a visit. Spitting distance from Edinburgh and a mountain of great golf courses.
It is very nice indeed - Mrs Hogie was well impressed by the area and the lovely house they bought for a fair bit less than they sold their smaller Guildford house for. And nearby - North Berwick, Gullane, Dunbar... :)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Wolf

Visit site
Having read that article it's safe to say the school made a huge error in judgement and Black made herself look foolish calling parent's homophobic to complain. There would be far better ways to get kids to understand LGBTQ society, the parents clearly thought the same and if Mhairi had looked into it properly instead of jumping on a band wagon she would have seen this as well. I'd say the issue is more about the school and Mhairi getting it wrong personally than it being anything to do with the SNP as a whole.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
As Black is my local MP, I'm so happy I gave her her marching orders when she knocked on my door.
It's a scandal that Renfrewshire council allowed that person to address the children, where was the safeguarding?
For Black to label parents concerns homophobic is disgusting.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Crazy idea from both the MSP and the School.
SNP starting to leak support with their views on gender ID
But before the sooper yoons get to the pant wetting stage most are still actively supporting independence.

Talk of setting up another proactive independence party with Yes/AUOB/and the other small parties.
Another Independence party would certainly boost the second vote system at Holyrood which is currently skewed against independence voters.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Skewed against independence voters!
Would anyone actually vote for AUOB given the image portrayed by their marchers? Apart from those people that is?

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Talk of setting up another proactive independence party with Yes/AUOB/and the other small parties.
Another Independence party would certainly boost the second vote system at Holyrood which is currently skewed against independence voters.

What do you think would be the effect on the total number of SNP seats if another independence party was formed? Would it split the pro-Indy vote in many constituencies and possibly allow Tory/Labour/Lib Dem gains at the expense of the SNP?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What do you think would be the effect on the total number of SNP seats if another independence party was formed? Would it split the pro-Indy vote in many constituencies and possibly allow Tory/Labour/Lib Dem gains at the expense of the SNP?
IMO the SNP vote would drop slightly and the 'independent party' vote would rise.
At the moment The Greens are most independent voters favourite second vote but the independence/Green voters who dislike the SNP would obviously then have a second vote choice

Status
Not open for further replies.