The SNIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When I heard the first evidence I had my doubts.

If and I will say if justice has been served then it's the correct decision.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
One person making it up, two people making it up?

But 10 people making it?

And NOT acquitted of all charges. 1 charge not proven.

I didn't say found not guilty, I said acquitted. An Acquittal results when a prosecutor fails to prove their case and that is the case on all the charges in this instance.

Re. 10 people making it up, I wasn't on the jury, merely commenting on the news he has been acquitted on all charges.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some of the charges were quite pathetic as the prosecutors went for the numbers game, serious mistake and skewed the case IMO.
I think if there had only been one or two charges we might have seen a different result.
Not proven rarely used nowadays, I believe the charge still stands and if any more evidence is found it can be re-opened.

U

User62651

Surprised but do have faith in the Scottish legal system, everything hard to prove I suppose, case has gone under the radar with this virus hogging all news reports, didn't realise Eck thinks Sturgeon had some influence behind this case, master and apprentice relationship gone bad!

Salmond will be back in politics soon enough, out to burst Nicola's bubble maybe!;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Surprised but do have faith in the Scottish legal system, everything hard to prove I suppose, case has gone under the radar with this virus hogging all news reports, didn't realise Eck thinks Sturgeon had some influence behind this case, master and apprentice relationship gone bad!

Salmond will be back in politics soon enough, out to burst Nicola's bubble maybe!;)

Best in the land, sadly the PF service is found very lacking.....

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Doubt it, he is pretty much unelectable now.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First of what I think will be many legal complaints against a journalist made by ex lawyer Salmon.
There must be many editors/journalists quaking in their boots.
I think he will end up a very rich man by the end of this process.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First of what I think will be many legal complaints against a journalist made by ex lawyer Salmon.
There must be many editors/journalists quaking in their boots.
I think he will end up a very rich man by the end of this process.

maybe, but he shouldn't if he had one ounce of decency, showed he hasn't when he got legal costs and damages from the last court case

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am no great fan of Salmond but it seems that the collusion of Westminster, Holyrood/SNP, Scottish Civil Service, MI5, Scottish Prosecution Service, Scottish Police [40 police assigned to the case], Scotland Yard, 99% of Scottish newspaper press, BBC Scotland and a huge percentage of Scottish multi media were unable to build a strong enough case to convince a civil court and then 15 jury members of a criminal court.

Questions should be asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.