The SNIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
........................... and her mum could be an Elton John double!!

167347iB2DF39E43CB9ADE1

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

After screwing them over with regard abandoning promises made about tuition fees... Not sure that's a given...

Hard to follow up with election promises when they don’t win the election - they didnt get a chance to do anything about the tuition fees

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was born and brought up in Scotland but feel British before Scottish.

I hate the SNP and everything they stand for. If independence happens I may well move south of the border if you'll have me.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree, free education for all, paid by the taxpayer is certainly popular.:ROFLMAO:

Free education for all Europeans except those from NI, Wales & England. That really pisses me off.

People from Eire can rock up and do teacher training in Scotland for free yet those from NI who already pay UK taxes get charged £9k - totally disgusting.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Free education for all Europeans except those from NI, Wales & England. That really pisses me off.

People from Eire can rock up and do teacher training in Scotland for free yet those from NI who already pay UK taxes get charged £9k - totally disgusting.

Interested to know what exactly pisses you off and disgusts you about this?

What about the teachers trained in Scotland from Ulster Eire?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What is Ulster Eire?

I object to UK tax payers having to pay for university education but those from France, Germany etc getting it for free.

It's not that the French etc get it for free it is that English etc have to pay.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is Ulster Eire?

I object to UK tax payers having to pay for university education but those from France, Germany etc getting it for free.
It's not that the French etc get it for free it is that English etc have to pay.
Scots pay for English universities, please explain the difference.:unsure:

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a term I use to try educate people to the difference between the parts of Ulster in Northern Ireland and best parts which are in The Republic or as I like to call it Ulster Eire.

2 miles saved me a fortune :)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is Ulster Eire?

That isn't because of SNP policy it is because of EU regulations . UK people can get cheaper University fees in much of Europe than some of the citizens of those countries as well.
A fair few English are studying on the cheap in ROI.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Scots pay for English universities, please explain the difference.:unsure:

Nothing to do with unis in England and people from England also pay. It is discrimination in Scottish unis that bothers me. I've heard before that it is some quirk of the EU that causes this but I have no doubt that there would be a way round this if the Scot Gov decided to do something about it.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nothing to do with unis in England and people from England also pay. It is discrimination in Scottish unis that bothers me. I've heard before that it is some quirk of the EU that causes this but I have no doubt that there would be a way round this if the Scot Gov decided to do something about it.
I have no doubt the Scottish Government would love to stop their subsidies to the rest of the EU if they could they have a tight budget. There is not a way round and there are far more English students at Scottish universities that rest of EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.