The prepared survives! (Open Comps 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25172

Next year I'm gonna try to play a few more open comps as a: I like to play new courses, b: I like competing, and c: they're better value than usual green fees.

So, have you started to look at any opens for next year already? I know I know, it’s very early, but I like to plan these things in to have something to look forward to.

The 2 I’ve got my eyes on so far is:

Saunton Easter Challenge 13th April

Prince of Wales Cup at Princes on spring bank holiday late May.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
100% playing the following:

Seapoint scratch cup
Portstewart scratch cup
Portmarnock winter series

Will most likely find some more throughout the year

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next year I'm gonna try to play a few more open comps as a: I like to play new courses, b: I like competing, and c: they're better value than usual green fees.

So, have you started to look at any opens for next year already? I know I know, it’s very early, but I like to plan these things in to have something to look forward to.

Easter Challenge very popular, you would need to sign up early for the two days.

D

Deleted member 25172

Easter Challenge very popular, you would need to sign up early for the two days.

For the 2 days? I thought it was 36 holes in one day? I’m looking on their site every day to see check when they open the registration. :)

D

Deleted member 17920

For the 2 days? I thought it was 36 holes in one day? I’m looking on their site every day to see check when they open the registration. :)
36 holes in a day from the very back tees.

Played it twice, never again 😂 way too hard for me. Enjoy it. Its a good day if you get the right weather.

D

Deleted member 25172

36 holes in a day from the very back tees.

Played it twice, never again 😂 way too hard for me. Enjoy it. Its a good day if you get the right weather.

Sounds like a day full of fittnylle coming out of my mouth. Look forward to it even more now! :D

I’ll need to find someone to play it together with first though, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sounds like a day full of fittnylle coming out of my mouth. Look forward to it even more now! :D

I’ll need to find someone to play it together with first though, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

When final detail announced keep me posted fella.

Depending on dates could work it around a friendly knock locally. Sure I could find space for you in the garage or spare room.....

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’m looking forward to playing in a few opens next year, nothing too heavy or high standard as not played in one before.
Looking at Lyme Regis at the moment and then one around the Harrogate area depending on dates.

I will follow this thread with interest

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

I’ll be doing both of them mate

D

Deleted member 25172

I’ll be doing both of them mate

Just been in contact with Princes, and looks like they're not doing the same deal for next year with an additional £50 to get a practice round + accommodation the day before. However, they did tell me that if booking the lodge directly, they'd allow a practice round the day before free of charge. Don't know about the price for the lodges yet though.

Just as an FYI.

D

Deleted member 25172

When final detail announced keep me posted fella.

Depending on dates could work it around a friendly knock locally. Sure I could find space for you in the garage or spare room.....

Date for Princes is confirmed to bank holiday Monday 25th May! You just shave 2 shots of that handicap, which you will, and we can enter the comp together! I'm not worth more than a space in the garage, if even that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Date for Princes is confirmed to bank holiday Monday 25th May! You just shave 2 shots of that handicap, which you will, and we can enter the comp together! I'm not worth more than a space in the garage, if even that.

Ah, didn't realise it was for good golfers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll keep you posted.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been in contact with Princes, and looks like they're not doing the same deal for next year with an additional £50 to get a practice round + accommodation the day before. However, they did tell me that if booking the lodge directly, they'd allow a practice round the day before free of charge. Don't know about the price for the lodges yet though.

Just as an FYI.
Yeah I’ve already been made aware of this. I got told £45 for the lodge as it’s A special Open rate.