The Open 2018

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What fiasco?

As to lack of respect for the other players. They’re all eating at the top table because of him.

Really?

Great round for Tiger.....

Just been speaking to a mate who stays in Carnoustie and he says the town is buzzing after Tigers round Today, he even said the fish are jumping in the Barrie burn.

Great to see the Big Cat in contention and getting people excited in the game, golf needs Tiger we need Tiger come on Tiger

Really?

D

Deleted member 15344

If Rory can't find a putting stroke and get his short game sorted then you can count him out, Spieth is looking good so I think it will be a good day tomorrow.

Playing a Medal at Gleneagles on The PGA tomorrow teeing off at 8am then heading up to Carnoustie to catch the afternoon play.

Wind is going to play a key part tomorrow, hopefully it gets up to the reported 20-30mph

Very hard to call but at the moment Spieth is prob the favourite- interesting to see how Woods will go

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are you there, I assume not, if you are I’ll accept a different slant on it, so, if he says it’s a fiasco with all the Tiger hype & giddiness everywhere, I’ll take that as fact.

Is that ok with you.

😂😂😂

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wind is going to play a key part tomorrow, hopefully it gets up to the reported 20-30mph

Very hard to call but at the moment Spieth is prob the favourite- interesting to see how Woods will go

Will be good to watch the Tiger Stinger off the tee, not to many of the other guys in contention can play that shot as consistently as Tiger so it may work in his favour.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Woods was massive bringing the big money to the game - whether or not it would have happened could never be known

But Golf doesn’t need Woods

I agree it doesn’t need him (now), but looking at all the players around during his era, I’m not sure Mickelson who was most successful behind him would have been the marketing dream woods was. As well as the social barriers he broke down.

That being said, whilst the game on a whole may not. Individually I’m sure every event he goes to are extremely happy with the extra money it generates.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Woods was massive bringing the big money to the game - whether or not it would have happened could never be known

But Golf doesn’t need Woods

It seems that Sky and all the other broadcasters out there would disagree along with the increasing viewing numbers may also shoot down your thoughts.

TIGER is golf love him or hate him he is the one they all want to see of that there can be no doubt

D

Deleted member 15344

It seems that Sky and all the other broadcasters out there would disagree along with the increasing viewing numbers may also shoot down your thoughts.

TIGER is golf love him or hate him he is the one they all want to see of that there can be no doubt
Increased viewing figures just means more money to the media - but I very much doubt we will see an increase in the UK because it’s still on a subscription service

Tiger is Not golf -

Golf is a sport that stands alone from one person

Tiger Woods fans want to see Tiger Woods - that doesn’t mean they are also golf fans , if they were they would be watching golf without him.

Golf has been fine before he arrived , fine when he took his multiple breaks and it will be fine when he leaves .

As before it would be nice to see some facts and figures to back up your statements but as before I very much doubt that they will appear

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
really......

Nope, I just don't agree.
McIroy, Speith, Johnson would still be great players 'eating at the top table' ................... why wouldn't they be?
Also, golf survived before Woods was on the scene and during his injury absence so no, golf doesn't need Woods and I don't need Woods.
We're all grateful for what he's done for the sport, that's not in question, but golf will be just fine without him.
To suggest otherwise is just silly.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nope, I just don't agree.
McIroy, Speith, Johnson would still be great players 'eating at the top table' ................... why wouldn't they be?
Also, golf survived before Woods was on the scene and during his injury absence so no Golf doesn't need Woods and I don't need Woods.
We're all grateful for what he's done for the sport, that's not in question, but golf will be just fine without him.
To suggest otherwise is just silly.

Do you believe that golf would have as much money in it now if woods hadn’t played the game?

All sports revenue is based on how they can market the product. The young superstars now will obviously continue from where it is now and if he retired I don’t think it would fall back, but would Michelson, Singh, Duval, Els and the rest have captivated audiences like Woods did (does)?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Do you believe that golf would have as much money in it now if woods hadn’t played the game?

All sports revenue is based on how they can market the product. The young superstars now will obviously continue from where it is now and if he retired I don’t think it would fall back, but would Michelson, Singh, Duval, Els and the rest have captivated audiences like Woods did (does)?

Spot on.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Increased viewing figures just means more money to the media - but I very much doubt we will see an increase in the UK because it’s still on a subscription service

Tiger is Not golf -

Golf is a sport that stands alone from one person

Tiger Woods fans want to see Tiger Woods - that doesn’t mean they are also golf fans , if they were they would be watching golf without him.

Golf has been fine before he arrived , fine when he took his multiple breaks and it will be fine when he leaves .

As before it would be nice to see some facts and figures to back up your statements but as before I very much doubt that they will appear

you are the google copy and paste expert and I am sure you could find all the facts and figures if you wanted but you just need to look at the crowds on course to see who they are following and then the players and the media will also speak about The Great One, yep that will be Tiger.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

No, but that was never in doubt ..................... was it?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I rather suspect Arnie and his army along with Mark McCormack did a whole lot with regard bringing interest and professionalism and therefore money into the game long before Tiger came into view...

Some short memories folk can have...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
you are the google copy and paste expert and I am sure you could find all the facts and figures if you wanted but you just need to look at the crowds on course to see who they are following and then the players and the media will also speak about The Great One, yep that will be Tiger.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your age?
Genuine question.