The Open 2018

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Imagine how far in front Speith would be if he hit a couple more fairways rather than having to make shots from the rough. Played very well though but still could have made it easier.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just been contacted by a friend who’s at The Open, he says you should hear the fiasco that is going on here for Tiger!

As he says, it’s an insult to all the other players, we didn't do this for Jack when Tiger was in his prime, so why the obsession with Tiger?

It’s no wonder people get sick of him, he’s rammed down your throat when others are having just as good a round, or particular hole, but we’re subjected to non-stop Tiger frenzy.

It’s an obsessive media & fan disorder which tablets need to be taken, in large quantities preferably 

What fiasco?

As to lack of respect for the other players. They’re all eating at the top table because of him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Imagine how far in front Speith would be if he hit a couple more fairways rather than having to make shots from the rough. Played very well though but still could have made it easier.

All makes good viewing tho doesn’t it 😁

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What fiasco?.

Are you there, I assume not, if you are I’ll accept a different slant on it, so, if he says it’s a fiasco with all the Tiger hype & giddiness everywhere, I’ll take that as fact.

Is that ok with you.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Are you there, I assume not, if you are I’ll accept a different slant on it, so, if he says it’s a fiasco with all the Tiger hype & giddiness everywhere, I’ll take that as fact.

Is that ok with you.

Calm down. I was simply curious if he’d elaborated.

re the giddiness, it’s tiger woods. Of course there is special interest in him. Just like when the past greats tee first at Augusta the sport panders to the greats. It’s what sells.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Haha yes. Imagine being fortunate to see one of the best golfers in golf history playing extremely well.

It’s laughable isn’t it.
Greatest golfer of his generation gets back to competing in a major & people seem surprised that people are talking about it.
Even tho they are also talking about it 😂😂

D

Deleted member 18588

It’s laughable isn’t it.
Greatest golfer of his generation gets back to competing in a major & people seem surprised that people are talking about it.
Even tho they are also talking about it 😂😂

Precisely!

The same sort of criticism was made in 1986 when Nicklaus won The Masters having not really been a factor in the Majors for a few years.

If the greatest of his generation comes back as Tiger has today much of the focus will inevitably be on him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Precisely!

The same sort of criticism was made in 1986 when Nicklaus won The Masters having not really been a factor in the Majors for a few years.

If the greatest of his generation comes back as Tiger has today much of the focus will inevitably be on him.

It’s like they’re shocked by it.
It’s not going to change so either get use to it or stop watching.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great round for Tiger.....

Just been speaking to a mate who stays in Carnoustie and he says the town is buzzing after Tigers round Today, he even said the fish are jumping in the Barrie burn.

Great to see the Big Cat in contention and getting people excited in the game, golf needs Tiger we need Tiger come on Tiger

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just been contacted by a friend who’s at The Open, he says you should hear the fiasco that is going on here for Tiger!

As he says, it’s an insult to all the other players, we didn't do this for Jack when Tiger was in his prime, so why the obsession with Tiger?

It’s no wonder people get sick of him, he’s rammed down your throat when others are having just as good a round, or particular hole, but we’re subjected to non-stop Tiger frenzy.

It’s an obsessive media & fan disorder which tablets need to be taken, in large quantities preferably 😜

Shows how really un-informed you really are. Arnie's army were even worse. They used to ridicule Jack's weight. And used to shout racist remarks towards Player. God knows how the ethnic players of the day were treated. But don't let facts get in the way of trying to bash Tiger again 👍🐅

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Shows how really un-informed you really are. Arnie's army were even worse. They used to ridicule Jack's weight. And used to shout racist remarks towards Player. God knows how the ethnic players of the day were treated. But don't let facts get in the way of trying to bash Tiger again 👍🐅

Yes you are spot on but does it no amaze you that some people only see or hear what they want to hear.

D

Deleted member 15344

That Leaderboard is a bit juicy isn’t it

Spieth , McIlroy , Woods all very close - could be a cracking game tomorrow

So will one of them create a great story or is it going to be a new guy - that Xander Snufflufflugus looks a very tidy player

D

Deleted member 16999

Matt Kuchar must be one of the nicest, most harmless people in the world.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That Leaderboard is a bit juicy isn’t it

Spieth , McIlroy , Woods all very close - could be a cracking game tomorrow

So will one of them create a great story or is it going to be a new guy - that Xander Snufflufflugus looks a very tidy player

If Rory can't find a putting stroke and get his short game sorted then you can count him out, Spieth is looking good so I think it will be a good day tomorrow.

Playing a Medal at Gleneagles on The PGA tomorrow teeing off at 8am then heading up to Carnoustie to catch the afternoon play.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If Rory can't find a putting stroke and get his short game sorted then you can count him out, Spieth is looking good so I think it will be a good day tomorrow.

Playing a Medal at Gleneagles on The PGA tomorrow teeing off at 8am then heading up to Carnoustie to catch the afternoon play.
Wow your day really sucks tomorrow.