The naughty step

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Reading through the putter thread it seems that many people have more than 1 (myself included) so I wondered how many people have a 'fixed' bag and how many swap clubs in and out. I have several putters, 3 woods and sets of wedges which get put in the bag from time to time but clear favourites amongst them.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a fixed bag and have never went back to an old club

Made numerous upgrades though

Putter for example I moved to a 2ball bigger head type putter and have no desire to go back

D

Deleted member 17920

I dont have a naughty step as such.

If I dont like it then I just dont use it again. If its not working now its never going to work for me.

I end up selling it or giving it away.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont have a naughty step as such.

If I dont like it then I just dont use it again. If its not working now its never going to work for me.

I end up selling it or giving it away.
This for me as well. For a few years I did have the naughty step but then began to realise that even when I brought a club back in if it worked it was only temporary. If it doesn't work now then I sell it on. One in, one out.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I niaghty step is just a small bump where either my hybrid or Ping crossover sit.

What I don't get is people getting rid of something, then saying later on how they "loved" that club.
If you like of love a club, why would you get rid of it?

Wolf

Visit site
I niaghty step is just a small bump where either my hybrid or Ping crossover sit.

What I don't get is people getting rid of something, then saying later on how they "loved" that club.
Temptation pure and simple is the only answer to that. Sometimes something comes along to turn our heads in all walks of life that makes us think is the grass greener. As golfers a vast majority cave to the temptations of shiny objects then realise they've cocked up and should have stuck with old faithful.

D

Deleted member 17920

Anything i get rid off isnt loved.

In fact its hated as I cant use it.

Nothing to do with user error its clearly a pile of :poop: :ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Visit site
I don't have a naughty step once a club comes out of my bag it's sold on to prevent any form of switching back and forth. In all my years of playing golf I've had very few putters as it's a club I stick with no matter what comes out to market.

Clubs i'm more likely to change are wedges or 3 wood. As I still haven't found the ones I feel are up to par with what I had years ago.

Though talk of putters that is the only club I have a spare of and that's an old Ben Sayers NRG Putter I had from 15 years old.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a preferred set, and 'spares'. I don't use the spares very often, but can't bring myself to get rid of them.

That said, last year I did give away 4 carry bags, each with a full set of driver, fairway, hybrid, irons, wedges, a sleeve of balls, but I could only part with one putter.

This leaves me with just the two drivers, 3 sets of irons, numerous wedges, and 4 putters.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
When I was carrying in winter I left the 3 wood and 5 iron out of the bag. It was a deliberate choice because I can’t hit them, but always try and replicate the ‘one good shot’ I had with them.
Once we go back playing the hybrid might be joining them for a while until I got a lesson.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I move on any club that clearly doesn't work as soon as I can.
The only exception being a few old wedges that I'd probably have to pay someone to take away.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used the same putter for about 25 years...…..a Wilson Billy Casper mallet.
Served me well.
I was a poor putter as a youngster then it all changed when I got that little gem.
The casting broke at the base and I was close to tears.
I have had loads since but have never felt comfortable with any other putter.

D

Deleted member 1147

I have 1 set which doesn’t change, save for a strong 3 wood which I use sometimes when taking a half set out in winter, instead of the 4 wood and driver.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I can't bring myself to get rid of anything just in case .... Though have leant clubs out knowing I'll never see them back which I'm more than happy with it they can get joy out of something I struggled with

GBC

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I might have a whole set permanently on the naughty step then onto eBay if I can't find a jar of mojo shortly.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The putter is the only club that do not have a spare for. Have a couple of sets of irons, a few hybrids, a few 3 woods and a few drivers in the garage. I tend to buy older model clubs new and so they have very little resale value, plus getting club boxes and posting them is a pain and so I keep hold of them and this has saved me money as I do not buy much new gear when I fancy a change, I swap in an old club. Also useful to have is if any of my mates fancy a change or trying something different I just let them loose in the garage to help themselves.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Don't have a naughty step but do use a lot of different clubs, which I'm not going to go through here.
Check the Vintage Golf thread if you're interested, quite a few of them appear in there.