The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Interesting article on last month's GM about The Masters.

Essentially, it suggests that the Augusta National committee had some great marketing folks who managed to sell ice to Eskimos.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But rarely featured on the European Tour. I'm afraid I don't follow the Asian tour avidly and it hardly gets wall to wall coverage even on Sky. Sorry if my knowledge of this player isn't as deep and up to date as you'd wish. However if you took a straw poll on here, how many others would honestly say they know of him and what he'd done either?

If you played the European Tour Fantasy League you would have probably had him as your star man as the majority did for his home tournament.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was gutted when i found out i was working while the masters is on, but now im buzzing... Friday night and saturday night shift with no work on means uninterrupted coverage on my phone. Beats watching it at home with the mrs nagging me cause she wants to watch home and away or any of the other horrendous programs she watches!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you played the European Tour Fantasy League you would have probably had him as your star man as the majority did for his home tournament.

Nope. Use to play these sort of things and simply can't be bothered these days. Wouldn't know him if I stood next to him. Clearly a good golfer but definitely not a well known player (to me only it seems!)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nope. Use to play these sort of things and simply can't be bothered these days. Wouldn't know him if I stood next to him. Clearly a good golfer but definitely not a well known player (to me only it seems!)

No nor me but same could be said for about 70% of the players on the European Tour in my case.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To you maybe! :rolleyes: If you followed European Tour, especially the Asian swing, you'd know a bit/lot more about him! Interesting swing too!

I didn't know much about him either, I certainly didn't know he had won twice this year. European golf isn't something I get to watch all that often.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When someone has the yips does it only happen in competition? just watched tiger pitching and chipping. Looks fine again.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hope you're right, but a lot of yippers are fine in practice. They only show up under stress of competition.

Fwiw, his contact looked fine but I thought his knees looked a bit too 'dippy' through impact.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cannot believe that Tiger will be able to comeback from a lengthy layoff and feature prominently in a major as his first competitive outing. It's one thing spanking the ball down the middle on the range but he must surely lack that edge that you only get from playing regular top class tournaments. He will do well to make it though to the weekend but I may well have to eat my words come Sunday night.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunno whether it's live or not but am currently watching Tiger's press conference on Golf Channel and must admit, am thoroughly enjoying his honesty and the questioning/answers as a whole. He's mighty relaxed also.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dunno whether it's live or not but am currently watching Tiger's press conference on Golf Channel and must admit, am thoroughly enjoying his honesty and the questioning/answers as a whole. He's mighty relaxed also.

It was earlier on mate. I watched it too and he does look relaxed.

Still wont make a difference, he will be nowhere. 45/1 :rofl:

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed- pick of the bunch for me is Garcia, day and fowler... Think with them all playing together at least 2 of them will be in the hunt after the cut

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It’s doubtful, dubious, unlikely, unfancied, & even improbable... but for today at least it’s not impossible for Tiger to win the Masters this weekend

Plenty of guys out there who's chances, playing form & odds are a lot better than his & I cant wait for the action to get underway

But hypothetically & just for fun, just say he does it, just maybe Tiger wins!

Where would such a victory and comeback, rank in golf & sport history as we know it?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting that now the weather forecast has come out Rorys still short odds.
He has lost his head before now in wet and windy conditions.

Dustin Johnson played well at the open in windy wet conditions as of course did DC
750/1