The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
How is Adam Scott, a previous winner as well as a runner-up and other good showings at Augusta 20/1 (was 25/1) yet Jason Day who only has 2 stroke play victories and one of them was handed on a plate to him by JB Holmes only 14/1? Pitiful. Scott is now back with the long putter as well.

Because Day is a solid each way bet based on his form at Augusta hence the short odds

D

Deleted member 15344

Just watched a bit of the kids things on there - some serious parents there with one winners date going a bit OTT

Great that the kids are playing but wonder how many have a pushy parent behind them

D

Deleted member 15344

They have a program just to show the tee times being announced ?!? Dear god they are milking it good and proper and come the end it will be saturated

Thank god the BBC have it Sat and Sunday to watch

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll watch Sky Thurs & Fri but come Saturday it'll be Auntie all the way. Old habits die hard for me and Peter Alliss & Ken just do every time.

Not to mention the torture of the ads on Sky. I don't think Sky's coverage is bad, far from it really, it's simply the adverts that just get to me.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched a bit of the kids things on there - some serious parents there with one winners date going a bit OTT

Great that the kids are playing but wonder how many have a pushy parent behind them

Kids are so soft these days mate sitting there on their Tablets and phones.
How do you think all these Asian women are getting on the ladies tour.
Young people in these countries are pushed hard very hard.
I don't see anyone slating Michelle Wie or Lydio Ko parents.
As you are aware you get nowhere in life without drive and ambition.

D

Deleted member 15344

Kids are so soft these days mate sitting there on their Tablets and phones.
How do you think all these Asian women are getting on the ladies tour.
Young people in these countries are pushed hard very hard.
I don't see anyone slating Michelle Wie or Lydio Ko parents.
As you are aware you get nowhere in life without drive and ambition.

Oh they certainly need encouraging etc just think there is a fine line between being encouraging and being pushy to the point of them hating the game

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I quite like the fact that the kids have this sort of opportunity. I don't know if they are pushed or what, but, it is a competition...so the competitive types are going to come to the front.

If it drives up youngsters taking up the game, then I'm all for it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the point pokerjoke makes is valid and you can certainly add Earl Woods to the list (the epitomy of a pushy parent?). However LP is also right and there's a fine line between being pushy and getting the kid to make the most of a talent and trying to live their own dreams through their offspring when that kid really doesn't want to be there

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think a lot more pushy parents have a negative affect over positive in the long run. Obviously there will always be success stories but in general surely enjoyment is the main aim with kids?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
^^^

A good read

Separate question:

Who wants rain?

Not delays or threat of lightning etc but just good honest rain to mix things up a bit

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah just read that piece too

I doubt he could say much else but I hope he backs it up with some solid play

Could do with seeing a really positive tournament this weekend with no controversy or side shows

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I read the link.
He sounds like hes ready to compete,has no sign of the chipping problems.
I for one hope hes in contention on the Sunday just adds to the excitement.

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Because Day is a solid each way bet based on his form at Augusta hence the short odds

But as I said, Day's form at Augusta isn't as good as Adam Scott's who was nearly double the odds until he announced he was going back to the broomhandle and now he's been cut from 25/1 to 20/1.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you want to see pushy parents in golf, watch "The Short Game" on Netflix. American documentary about kids competing in Golf across the US. Very good (the kids are fantastic) but there are a few parents who sort of make you cringe...!