The Golf Club 2

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Released in a few days, got my pre-order in ages ago.

Anyone else getting it? The new golf society feature looks cool.

I will hopefully be back to making courses again. The improvements over TGC look well worth the price.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looked at some vids yesterday with a bit of interest. The grapics and animations quickly put me off. Looks like an Xbox 360 or playstation 3 game.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Looked at some vids yesterday with a bit of interest. The grapics and animations quickly put me off. Looks like an Xbox 360 or playstation 3 game.

Have to disagree, the game looks amazing, watching some of the streams of it the animations are excellent and looking really smooth. A big improvement on TGC 1.

I have pre ordered and look forward to playing it tomorrow on the PC. Going to try and make my son's local 9 hole course as my first try at the course designer. Also a decent career mode and societies look good.

I am Reemul on steam if anyone wants to hit me up for a game or 2 not that I am any good.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think I'll be getting it, with rain forecast all week in NI I'll need to get my golf fix from somewhere!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going to try and make my son's local 9 hole course as my first try at the course designer. .

I started making courses in 2005, did it for 4 years until TGC came out, didn't really suit my style but made a couple of half decent courses.

If you want any pointers or bounce any ideas or need some feedback give me a shout.

Nine_Iron on steam.

I don't mind helping kick off a Golf Monthly society if needed too. I'm going to be on most nights from 8 to half 9

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I started making courses in 2005, did it for 4 years until TGC came out, didn't really suit my style but made a couple of half decent courses.

If you want any pointers or bounce any ideas or need some feedback give me a shout.

Nine_Iron on steam.

I don't mind helping kick off a Golf Monthly society if needed too. I'm going to be on most nights from 8 to half 9

Thanks, I will probably need it. Accepted Friend's request as well.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ouch! I feel for you, it's enforced for me as I can't get to my rig until Friday.

Let me know how it looks, I will get my download going as soon as I walk in the door.

We'll probably get to see it at the same time. Won't get to play until Friday evening now myself.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
That is only on PS4 and Xbox1. PC release tonight was at 5pm. Played on the driving range as well as chipping and putting then a round on Littlebrook on Standard clubs. Shot level par 70 at one stage I was -3 but fell apart on the back 9.

Massive improvement on the first game. Everything is so much smoother with no lag. Putting is tough but works well. Chipping and approach play is harder than the first as no % indicators to show how much shorter you are going to hit it.

Graphically it looks superb.

Really going to enjoy playing this.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having received my PS4 copy a day early and FINALLY installed the updated files etc. This game is brilliant to play! Started with a +7 round but after 4 rounds I got a personal best of -4 😀. It's not easy to hit it straight all the time and the putting(especially inside 6ft) is so much smoother. Just need to get a bit of practice in before I go on holiday haha

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Waiting for the tot to go to bed before I can play.

He slept on the way back from the airport, messing up his routine, so I doubt it will be for at least 4 hours

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a quick round and games feels very nice. Some improvements over the first game. Selecting your bag contents is a huge improvement.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
First impressions are good.

First round on an easy course off the front tees with an easy swing was -13... I have a feeling things will be a lot tougher when I balance out the settings.

Course design has the features I though were missing. I am already polishing off an imported course that I did for the first game.

Then on to designing a new one.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought the game friday when it came out and it's stupidly hard.

I can never get good swing tempo let alone perfect, yet every swing feels the same.

I think it's going to be a case of try it for a few more rounds re run the tutorial and if I don't like it then to chop it back into the shop.

I still enjoy RM pga tour golf, ok it's very easy but at least I'm good at it!!