The Forum is ever so slow

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hi guys,
Its taking me forever to get on and open any pages on the forum

I have used Chrome, Firefox and IE, also different computers
Other websites are fine

is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

sometimes it can take 10 minutes for a page to load

A very cheesed off Fragger

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thursday, I think, was very painful on the site. Exactly as you describe and it didn't matter if I used Firefox, Chrome etc. I kept logging in and out of the site trying to get it to improve but it didn't.
It was better yesterday and seems ok now, but it has been woefully slow over the past few days.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been having probs with it for a couple of weeks now. I thought my computer just didnt like the site cos every other website was ok. If the first page doesnt load quickly I know i'm in for a painful time so just dont bother logging in. It is very annoying though

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've been having probs with it for a couple of weeks now. I thought my computer just didnt like the site cos every other website was ok. If the first page doesnt load quickly I know i'm in for a painful time so just dont bother logging in. It is very annoying though

I posted about this the other day. Every other website I opened was fine, apart from this one. With Flash Player enabled it was even worse.
A little bit better if I disabled it, but then of course I couldn't view any videos so had to keep switching it on and off.
Was driving me mad but seems to have improved over the last day or so.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every time it was slow, I checked who was on-line.

You guessed it - Smiffy, Bob, Homer and The_LHC at the same time. No wonder it was slow :D :D :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
So lots of different people are having problems with this one website when all the other ones they visit are OK

maybe the guys who look after the webshite should be told

Its taking me 3 or 4 minutes to open each post

Come on chaps, extract ones digits

Frustrated F :mad:ragger

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am still having to disable "Shockwave flash" from my Firefox plug ins to be able to use the site properly. If I have it enabled, everything freezes and it takes bloody ages for the page to load.
It's really weird that it's only happening on this site. Other sites can be viewed normally with Shockwave enabled.
Annoying thing is, if anybody posts a link to a Youtube video (or a vid of their swing) I have to keep remembering to enable it again.
Frustrating.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I eventually get on half the posts are missing at the bottom and theres funny script writing all over the place. I can get on ok from work but my home comp I dont even bother now....