The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
I think you're missing the point that @Tashyboy is making, which is something I've thought about before and it's more about tolerances than camera angles...
A sprinting footballer is covering 15cm per 60Hz frame of video, yet VAR is making decisions on millimetres. It makes no sense.
I agree with you Rich, but your point is a seperate discussion which has been an issue since VAR was introduced, the semi-automated system should vastly improve these type of decisions next season.

We’ll give Tash the benefit of the doubt on this one, 🤪 but he is prone to talking rammel.😇

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boly had nothing to do with VAR, it was a Yellow Card offence that happened to be his 2nd one.

The Referee and Referee alone made the mistake, the only reason VAR gets brought in to it is in the hope they’d of rectified the Referee’s mistake and apart from Yellow Cards are not part of the VAR Remit, this starts creeping in to VAR rereffing the games and lines get blared.
The point was, here we are in a world with VAR and mistakes like that still happen.

RichA

Visit site
I agree with you Rich, but your point is a seperate discussion which has been an issue since VAR was introduced, the semi-automated system should vastly improve these type of decisions next season.

We’ll give Tash the benefit of the doubt on this one, 🤪 but he is prone to talking rammel.😇
Having just googled it, VAR is trying to make the same judgements of player position using 50 frames per second that a 100m photo finish would make using 10,000 frames per second. Obviously, VAR cameras can't possibly achieve that, so the tolerance has to be much wider to achieve anything approaching "clear and obvious" certainty.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think you're missing the point that @Tashyboy is making, which is something I've thought about before and it's more about tolerances than camera angles...
A sprinting footballer is covering 15cm per 60Hz frame of video, yet VAR is making decisions on millimetres. It makes no sense.
I completely agree that there are tolerances in the tech. But, all the VAR can do is use it based on the most accurate frame they have available to them. Then make a decision one way or another

If they allow tolerances, such that onside could be given even if line looks a toe nail offside, you'd still get exactly same problems. It is just the toe nail decisions will be moved a number of inches in the direction they allow that tolerance.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hits the nail firmly on the head. 👍

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can understand the refs caving in to the pressure from Everton. Let's face it, we are kings of the playground right now, bossing everyone around. Just watch the penalties we will get tonight, watch Sean click his fingers and see a red card for Van Dyke suddenly appear. Forest were just one in a long line of teams to be on the end of our intimidating powers over officials.

Tashyboy

Visit site
You can understand the refs caving in to the pressure from Everton. Let's face it, we are kings of the playground right now, bossing everyone around. Just watch the penalties we will get tonight, watch Sean click his fingers and see a red card for Van Dyke suddenly appear. Forest were just one in a long line of teams to be on the end of our intimidating powers over officials.
Personally all I hope for at the end of the night is that Van Dyke, TTA, Robertson, Salah and a few others have muscle strains that rule them out for a month. Nothing serious. However I do hope Darwin Nunez stays fit 👍

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let it go. You've had 1 stonewall go against you and arguably another 2. Posting links to other teams just makes you look stupid. City will be dealt with in due course.
Let what go? What will be will be and I’m certain we’ll go down, but the hypocrisy that’s being spouted by some is absolutely hilarious.

Also, City will 100% get away with it, just for info. Will eat my hat if they don’t (and I really like my hat)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Let what go? What will be will be and I’m certain we’ll go down, but the hypocrisy that’s being spouted by some is absolutely hilarious.

Also, City will 100% get away with it, just for info. Will eat my hat if they don’t (and I really like my hat)
Is it blue. 😁