The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s no measurement and never has been for Offside in the Laws of the Game though, maybe if the authorities did come up with an arbitary distance/gap it would be easier to call.
Yes I think if there’s a clear gap between the lines then it’s offside / onside

But if the lines are touching then they should call it level and onside.
Toenails width offside is just a joke atm because the pictures are not clear enough.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Well well well, Tashyboy says there needs to be changes to VAR as it is rammel and UEFA come out with this.

Who would of thought it..

They also made these points in the article:

The board also called for an improvement in player behaviour towards referees and officials, and to reduce instances of diving and time-wasting.

"The behaviour of players and coaches towards match officials in several recent instances has become a critical issue and does not contribute positively to the good image of the game," the statement said.

"The Board concluded that it is important for coaches to set the example for their teams and for the mobbing of officials to be eliminated."

They also called for a player-led campaign to discourage "situations of players faking injuries to gain an unfair advantage, waste time and disrupt the flow of the game".

The meeting was chaired by Uefa football advisor and former Portugal player Luis Figo, and other representatives included Rafael Benitez, Rio Ferdinand, Jurgen Klinsmann and Patrick Vieira.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was just putting the 3 options, hopefully all 3 decisions will be on Sky next Tuesday when Webb/Owen have their next programme.
They won’t be, because according to PGMOL the 3rd “wasn’t reviewed”, which was arguably the most convincing one. But Sky said the check was complete…so with my Tinfoil Le Tissier hat on, there’s definitely something they’re trying to hide 😂

PaulMdj

Visit site
They won’t be, because according to PGMOL the 3rd “wasn’t reviewed”, which was arguably the most convincing one. But Sky said the check was complete…so with my Tinfoil Le Tissier hat on, there’s definitely something they’re trying to hide 😂
I’m sure your Chairman will clarify this when he hears the audio.👍🏻

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m sure your Chairman will clarify this when he hears the audio.👍🏻
That’s the point; there won’t be any audio for the 3rd, because PGMOL said it wasn’t checked. So they won’t get any audio for the 3rd.

That’s what makes it so suss.

Unrelated Side note: our chairman is a massive weapon.

PaulMdj

Visit site
That’s the point; there won’t be any audio for the 3rd, because PGMOL said it wasn’t checked. So they won’t get any audio for the 3rd.

Have you got a link to were the PGMOL said the 3rd one wasn’t checked?

All I can find is a BBC Report saying VAR agreed with the Ref on all 3 occassions.

I do agree he should of been sent to the monitor.

There must be some audio, even if Forest players appealed, as they did.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There’s no measurement and never has been for Offside in the Laws of the Game though, maybe if the authorities did come up with an arbitary distance/gap it would be easier to call.

I’d prefer them to drop the lines. ‘Painting’ lines all over a decision is a major part of the time wasted. They’ve got freeze frame, and they’ve got slo-mo. What more do they need?

Does rugby union ‘paint’ lines for forward passes and offsides? It’s not needed. It adds in undue delay and creates conflict.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you got a link to were the PGMOL said the 3rd one wasn’t checked?

All I can find is a BBC Report saying VAR agreed with the Ref on all 3 occassions.

I do agree he should of been sent to the monitor.

There must be some audio, even if Forest players appealed, as they did.
Granted it’s the daily heil so probably worth taking with a pinch of salt but if there’s any truth to the claim it wasn’t checked (when, in fact, it was), then why would they claim it wasn’t unless they were concerned about something?

I’m aware I’m starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist tangled in a web of drama and definitely over thinking it, but imagine if it all pops off because of the initial childish tweet 😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

When I was in Athens watching City in the Supercup. A few taxi drivers who followed Panathanikos had a few stronger words than “ massive weapon” for your boss 😁👍

Visit site
Jackson was a lucky boy. Whilst I don’t think he had any malicious intent, that looked horrendous on replay - thought VAR would have a look.

Just how bad is Mudryk? One of the worst footballers I have ever seen at “pro” level

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I was in Athens watching City in the Supercup. A few taxi drivers who followed Panathanikos had a few stronger words than “ massive weapon” for your boss 😁👍
To be fair, Marinakis has many faults but can’t really knock that he’s put his money where his mouth is to get us back in the PL. having said that, he’s part of the reason for our ill-advised spending and chaos off the pitch, as his ego and stubbornness to get his own way has left us where we are.

Tom Cartledge, “lifelong fan turned chairman” is an absolute coward though.