The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
How is that a penalty?????????? He clearly won the ball. Sure, contact after, but hardly dangerous.

If that is a penalty, I don't think a defender will ever be able to make a tackle again, as it is inevitable there will be some contact between players

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How is that a penalty?????????? He clearly won the ball. Sure, contact after, but hardly dangerous.

If that is a penalty, I don't think a defender will ever be able to make a tackle again, as it is inevitable there will be some contact between players
If he clears the ball it’s not a penalty. He doesn’t and the foul prevents Jesus getting to the ball. Penalty for me.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I cant see a foul in the emerson ruled out goal.. two players running for the ball not looking and apparently a players foot hits the other.. when they are both looking at the ball.. its a contact sport. doesnt mean a foul

its weird how it didnt work

that was our best starting line up tbh

bowen up top, kudus right paq left with jwp middle and alvarez back .. we have beaten some good teams with that line up

did see some top defending from zouma so i will give him praise as ive knocked him a lot this season

i can only assume coufal and soucek were simply knackered and the fresh legs helped spark us into action
Disagree (obviously 😄) I think that’s a terrible line up, Paq and Kudos are wasted out wide. Neither of them can hold a wing and they both get frustrated… I would rather them in the middle backed up by Alverez with WP on the bench (at Southampton😆) Bowen out wide and Emerson on the other wing.

Bizarre that he doesn’t give Ings Mubama or Cornet a half though? In the week against Spurs we looked shattered, Spurts replaced 5 of their outfield 10 and Moyes looked at the bench (that he bought) and though “Nah I’d rather flog the boys a bit more”

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disagree (obviously 😄) I think that’s a terrible line up, Paq and Kudos are wasted out wide. Neither of them can hold a wing and they both get frustrated… I would rather them in the middle backed up by Alverez with WP on the bench (at Southampton😆) Bowen out wide and Emerson on the other wing.

Bizarre that he doesn’t give Ings Mubama or Cornet a half though? In the week against Spurs we looked shattered, Spurts replaced 5 of their outfield 10 and Moyes looked at the bench (that he bought) and though “Nah I’d rather flog the boys a bit more”

Kudus always plays wide tho, either right or left

Personally I'd like to see him up front

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

It doesn’t matter if he got the faintest of touches, questionable, if he also cleared him out, which he did. Penalty all day long.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do teams time waste more?
Yes. And it's very definitely got worse over the last few years. Bournemouth under Howe made my eyes bleed, and others have caught on.
The obvious answer is a stopping clock with (say) 30 minutes a half, but if this can't be done then the current extra long matches are preferable to the gratuitous cheating imho.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yes. And it's very definitely got worse over the last few years. Bournemouth under Howe made my eyes bleed, and others have caught on.
The obvious answer is a stopping clock with (say) 30 minutes a half, but if this can't be done then the current extra long matches are preferable to the gratuitous cheating imho.
Worst team ever. Burnley under Dyche. Pure purgatory. Don’t know what he is like at Everton.