The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Much as I have criticised Antony since he arrived at United, I actually think he’s a little unfortunate to find himself on the bench after his performance on Thursday night.

Especially as he’s lost his place to Rashford.

🙄

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For the amount of money they'll make, is it worth the bad PR when they're already making 100's of millions of pounds via TV rights?
It’s not only tv rights match day revenue has increased massively, your right though bad PR especially as these are lifelong fans

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why are Man United halfheartedly playing out from the back ? A few passes between goalkeeper and 2 defenders then it’s pumped upfield losing possession mostly.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
United are a shambles but think the pundits are being harsh on Mainoo? How much has a young midfielder learnt about positional know-how and how much what he's been advised by the manager and senior players around him?

The corner after the goal he clearly asked Maguire where he should go. Should he stay on Diaz or...looked like he got nothing back.

Swango1980

Visit site
United are a shambles but think the pundits are being harsh on Mainoo? How much has a young midfielder learnt about positional know-how and how much what he's been advised by the manager and senior players around him?

The corner after the goal he clearly asked Maguire where he should go. Should he stay on Diaz or...looked like he got nothing back.
They weren't slagging Mainoo off, they were highlighting his positioning. I believe the implication was that they were pointing out he has been asked to play in that position, not choosing just to do his own thing

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They weren't slagging Mainoo off, they were highlighting his positioning. I believe the implication was that they were pointing out he has been asked to play in that position, not choosing just to do his own thing

Maybe. The reference was to basics though and why was he not behind the ball at a throw in.

Regardless - some of it is poor player attitude (Bruno!) but most is surely on the manager and coaching staff and what they do in training?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just before halftime a Liverpool player (Diaz?) went down ‘injured’ and Man U had to kick the ball out. The player refused to allow the physio on and sat complaining to the ref. Why did the ref not tell him to get up and then start the game straight away? If Liverpool further try to delay the throw in, book the player for wasting time.
Too much play acting and time wasting in the game nowadays - from all teams