The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I would like to know how these sites actually rate performances and are they watching the games.
Well if it is anything like the BBC player rater, then the site is populated by small minded individuals, without much going on in their lives who get a kick from the invisible power they think they wield when selecting their rating.

Sean Longstaffs recent ratings for Newcastle...4.71, 4.18, 2.00, 3.74. The last of these was a 3-0 home win!! The 2.00 rating was for the 3-2 away defeat to Chelsea....the next lowest player rating in that match was 5.69, for someone who only played 20 minutes!! Whilst Longstaffs recent performances havent been great, there is a group of individuals who are hell bent on using any opportunity they can to slag him off.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well if it is anything like the BBC player rater, then the site is populated by small minded individuals, without much going on in their lives who get a kick from the invisible power they think they wield when selecting their rating.

Sean Longstaffs recent ratings for Newcastle...4.71, 4.18, 2.00, 3.74. The last of these was a 3-0 home win!! The 2.00 rating was for the 3-2 away defeat to Chelsea....the next lowest player rating in that match was 5.69, for someone who only played 20 minutes!! Whilst Longstaffs recent performances havent been great, there is a group of individuals who are hell bent on using any opportunity they can to slag him off.

That the same longstaff that they claimed was better than rice? 🤣🤣🤣

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the Emma Hayes "male aggression" statement. It was after the Arsenal manager squared up to one of her players as she tried to take a throw in with the wrong ball. Or at least not the one in play which contravened the pre-match agreement.

I didn't see the incident but it's not her reaction to his behaviour towards her.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Norwich just scored against Leicester from a near post corner. A Norwich attacker pushes/ manhandles a defender out of the way which allows another striker to nip in a score. If a defender did the same thing to prevent a goal it would be a clear penalty but yet another incident which shows the inconsistency with the rules and referees

PaulMdj

Visit site
Norwich just scored against Leicester from a near post corner. A Norwich attacker pushes/ manhandles a defender out of the way which allows another striker to nip in a score. If a defender did the same thing to prevent a goal it would be a clear penalty but yet another incident which shows the inconsistency with the rules and referees
Just watched it again, what gets me is no Leicester player complains, especially the defender who was pushed away so easily!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On the Emma Hayes "male aggression" statement. It was after the Arsenal manager squared up to one of her players as she tried to take a throw in with the wrong ball. Or at least not the one in play which contravened the pre-match agreement.

I didn't see the incident but it's not her reaction to his behaviour towards her.

Squaring up? Video I watched was of the Chelsea player going towards at an already screaming Eidevall when Cheslea cheated the rule they wanted

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched it again, what gets me is no Leicester player complains, especially the defender who was pushed away so easily!

I saw that and wondered why it wasn’t called as a free kick.

The whole shirt pulling thing in the box is bizarre to me. It’s just accepted now as not a foul. I’m no city fan but Haaland was being tugged yesterday but swan dived and no pen was given , but Gabriel clearly had his shirt. I’m not clear on the rules regarding this at all.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I saw that and wondered why it wasn’t called as a free kick.

The whole shirt pulling thing in the box is bizarre to me. It’s just accepted now as not a foul. I’m no city fan but Haaland was being tugged yesterday but swan dived and no pen was given , but Gabriel clearly had his shirt. I’m not clear on the rules regarding this at all.
I can only think the Referee didn’t see it and no VAR to check.🤷‍♂️

The shirt pulling in the box, this was discussed prior to this season by the PGMOL who apparently said there is so much by both sides that there’d be constant stops and 10-15 penalties a game! Good, at least they should try and clamp down on it.🤬

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Complaining is a yellow card now.

They use this to stop bad decisions being questioned.

Even the BBC seem to shy away from the controversial incidents now.

4LEX

Visit site
He’s not bad at scoring goals tho 😂

That’s why I’d take Kane over him tho.
Haaland is class,but Kane has more to his game & would score as many goals in that City team imo.

Kane would be perfect for City and he's Pep's dream striker. It's a shame he bottled the transfer request a few years back and also didn't hold out for a free transfer this summer. No doubt Pep would be happy to cash in on Haaland for a silly fee if he could've got Kane on a fee!