The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

samthom99

Visit site
You backed your opinion up with facts, games played, AND opinion, i.e. Shaw isn’t as good as Saliba or Van Dijk. I’d argue that whilst Saliba is closer to Van Dijk in style of play, Shaw has attributes that the other two don’t have. All three are good at certain things, some stronger in other things than the other two. But that’s just my opinion just like you have your opinion too.
What's your point?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Newcastle should have put this game to bed by now. Unfortunately there is enough plenty of sloppy play and passes going astray to give Everton a bit of hope. Would like to see Willocks energy in midfield in the second half...just depends how fit he is....we've got a thin bench tonight so would be nice to get a cushion so we can manage the game and substitutions later on.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
What a stupid penalty to give away to Everton.

But how many of them have we seen that were not given.

Given by VAR .
Indeed. The first seven or eight minutes of that second half set the tone with Newcastle being careless in possession and offering all the encouragement Everton could have wanted. Had plenty of chances to put the game beyond Evertons reach. Pickford kept his team in it and they largely dominated the second half and were probably fair game for the point.

A real waste not to follow up Saturdays resurrection with another win and make a proper fight of it for the remaining European places.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I know all clubs have their injury lists, but United’s defensive issues this season have just been ridiculous.

I saw an article a few weeks ago saying that the level of injuries across the top two divisions was unprecedented. On a personal level, I’ve never seen a sustained injury list at the Boro as they’ve experienced this year.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oh deary me. You told me my argument was flawed because that wasnt Citys best back 4 but i have backed up my opinion with facts and now you've gone off on a tangent.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
So according to your facts a £200 million (£191 million first fact wrong) is the best back four. Which is an opinion not a fact.
My opinion was I didn’t think it was and that was a back four that was there to be got at. And I am a City fan.
City have not been at their best this season by a long shout. In this last month City have played Arsenal and Liverpool. Liverpool battered City with a below strength team. Arsenal set up to defend and were happy to beat city 1-1.
Arsenal have the toughest run in to the end of the season. That two points dropped could be massive.
My top three at the moment is
Liverpool,
City
Arsenal

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much needed win for Forest tonight. Best all round performance since being promoted (1st half particularly); set pieces aside. Sunday league teams would do better.

Need more of the same against Spurs on Sunday.

samthom99

Visit site
So according to your facts a £200 million (£191 million first fact wrong) is the best back four. Which is an opinion not a fact.
My opinion was I didn’t think it was and that was a back four that was there to be got at. And I am a City fan.
City have not been at their best this season by a long shout. In this last month City have played Arsenal and Liverpool. Liverpool battered City with a below strength team. Arsenal set up to defend and were happy to beat city 1-1.
Arsenal have the toughest run in to the end of the season. That two points dropped could be massive.
My top three at the moment is
Liverpool,
City
Arsenal
My £200m was just a guess so only £9m off. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things is it or is it? If it is then i extend my sincerest apologies for not knowing to the penny, or should that be the Dirhum?, the exact cost of City's squad.

It was suggested by you and the other characther that citys defence was a weakened one and had hardly played together. I have provided stats to show that wasnt the case. It was a very very good and experienced back 4.

Arsenal decided to play how they did. It wasnt pretty but it worked. I have watched a few Man City v Liverpool games and they always seem to be open and end to end.

Looking at the fixtures left for all 3 sides, my Top 3 is

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Livarpool

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good result for us tonight. Coming back against spurs. Thought we started well but they got a good goal then it was a pretty even game. End to end in the main

Enjoyable anyways

Big point after the weekend, 4 points off spurs this season which helps

7th for now but that will change no doubt when games In hand are played

As big same always said. Respect the point

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dyche just doesn't fancy Patterson at right back, I'd imagine he will be away in the summer.
Dyche or Patterson? 😄

Coleman shouldn't be near being a starter now and yet he is. That Patterson isn't getting picked says it all. He should be looking to go himself, he needs to be playing. Saying this, his injury record isn't great. He can't put a string of games together.

Swango1980

Visit site
You would have a valid point if that back 4 never cost £200m plus.
If we are judging the quality of players on price tag now, Man Utd have just become one of the best teams on the planet, Chelsea to.

Probably why Utd spent almost £100 million on Antony. They could have got him for £5 million, but chose to pay much more knowing the higher fee would elevate him to one of the greatest players in the world :)

Swango1980

Visit site

I know all clubs have their injury lists, but United’s defensive issues this season have just been ridiculous.
Sigh. One of the last players I would have wanted to get injured this season was Martinez.

I reckon the likes of McTomminay and Maguire have been hacking lumps out of other players in training, thus opening up slots in the first team to play.