The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nah it’ll be your results against the epic team sat in 4th that’ll cost you 😉

more likely the weeks madness against west ham and fulham just after xmas sadly

that said weve given ourselves every chance, a fun couple of months ahead albeit against 2 exceptional sides, not to mention Bayern in the CL.........

huge opportunity for your lot too, cheering you for 4th thats for sure!!!!!

Swango1980

Visit site
yeah instead we shouldve conceded 30 chances against a mid table side by being gung ho 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I suspect you got confused, and interpreted my post as me saying "this game proves Man Utd are better than Arsenal". You are probably a bit too defensive (like your team today).

I actually praised Arsenal and how they've played lately, hence why I felt if anyone could have a go at City, it would be Arsenal.

For my feelings on Man Utd, they were stated clearly yesterday :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I suspect you got confused, and interpreted my post as me saying "this game proves Man Utd are better than Arsenal". You are probably a bit too defensive (like your team today).

I actually praised Arsenal and how they've played lately, hence why I felt if anyone could have a go at City, it would be Arsenal.

For my feelings on Man Utd, they were stated clearly yesterday :)

Nah just bored of the critique all being aimed at Arsenal who got a point at the hardest place in the league (when their performance should be being praised), not seen a single criticism of City today who were unable to break down a low block at home, and produced just 1 shot on target in 90 minutes (for the 2nd time this season ;) ) We are still a point ahead of city and well in the title race. Last season we were criticised for being bullied, naive and the such like, yet this year again we are criticised for having learnt from last year and taking 4 pts from city.

For the record I thought City were awful going forward today for the supposed dominant side in English and European football. Foden Anonymous, De Bruyne way off it, Haaland well managed by Saliba and Gabriel, and thats before they brough on Doku and Grealish.......) oh and Rodri and Guardiol were superb for city by the way, just think there attacking play today is being given a pass when it was miles away from their normal quality, largely because of how well Arsenal defended against them

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nah just bored of the critique all being aimed at Arsenal who got a point at the hardest place in the league (when their performance should be being praised), not seen a single criticism of City today who were unable to break down a low block at home, and produced just 1 shot on target in 90 minutes (for the 2nd time this season ;) ) We are still a point ahead of city and well in the title race. Last season we were criticised for being bullied, naive and the such like, yet this year again we are criticised for having learnt from last year and taking 4 pts from city.

For the record I thought City were awful going forward today for the supposed dominant side in English and European football. Foden Anonymous, De Bruyne way off it, Haaland well managed by Saliba and Gabriel, and thats before they brough on Doku and Grealish.......) oh and Rodri and Guardiol were superb for city by the way, just think there attacking play today is being given a pass when it was miles away from their normal quality, largely because of how well Arsenal defended against them
City have struggled this season to break down teams that have sat back. Arsenal at times were compressed really deep. The only way the game was going to open up was if City scored. Today was a massive day for Liverpool. I have said it for a bit. I think the title could go down to goal difference and that rules out City.

Swango1980

Visit site

I thought my critique of Arsenal implied I think they are probably better than City right now. It was constructive criticism, not slagging them off. And as a neutral, I was simply frustrated they didn't have a go at them. Playing defensive is something Man Utd would definitely need to do, Arsenal have more luxury to be adventurous. But, as I said, not losing would justify Arsenal's tactics, the draw is better for them.

City were dull. Arsenal defended well, credit there for sure. But, during the game I was thinking Haaland is big, strong, quick and one of the best goal scorers on the planet. But, as a ball playing footballer, he looked rubbish. He doesn't seem to get involved in any build up, he just runs about and throws his weight about. I couldn't be bothered watching the analysis, but did chuckle when I read the Sky Sports News app and Keane seemed to say something similar

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
City have struggled this season to break down teams that have sat back. Arsenal at times were compressed really deep. The only way the game was going to open up was if City scored. Today was a massive day for Liverpool. I have said it for a bit. I think the title could go down to goal difference and that rules out City.

Id happily take it being decided by goal difference (as long as its not just city and liverpool lol)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought my critique of Arsenal implied I think they are probably better than City right now. It was constructive criticism, not slagging them off. And as a neutral, I was simply frustrated they didn't have a go at them. Playing defensive is something Man Utd would definitely need to do, Arsenal have more luxury to be adventurous. But, as I said, not losing would justify Arsenal's tactics, the draw is better for them.

City were dull. Arsenal defended well, credit there for sure. But, during the game I was thinking Haaland is big, strong, quick and one of the best goal scorers on the planet. But, as a ball playing footballer, he looked rubbish. He doesn't seem to get involved in any build up, he just runs about and throws his weight about. I couldn't be bothered watching the analysis, but did chuckle when I read the Sky Sports News app and Keane seemed to say something similar

Haaland bullied us last year when Saliba was missing and was up against Holding, was almost as if he expected an easy ride today, there again didnt take long for him to be told in no uncertain terms he was in a proper scrap. The bit that surprised me was the complete lack of plan B until Doku came on and his end product was appalling

samthom99

Visit site

If Manchester United had put that performance in Arsenal did today you would've posted 24 paragraphs waxing lyrical of said performance.

Nobody goes to city and plays them off the park. Please show Arsenal the respect they deserve.

Swango1980

Visit site
If Manchester United had put that performance in Arsenal did today you would've posted 24 paragraphs waxing lyrical of said performance.

Nobody goes to city and plays them off the park. Please show Arsenal the respect they deserve.
Read my last post.

Actually, just realised you replied to my last post. You clearly didn't read it very well.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don’t think Arsenal deserved any respect today, they stuck 11 men behind the ball and seemed happy with a point.

Nothing wrong with that but don’t expect any non Arsenal fans to happy clap that performance.
As a neutral the game was terrible viewing for me.
But Arsenal are trying to win the league,a draw today was massive for them imo.
Arsenal 2 seasons ago would have bottled it today.

samthom99

Visit site
Read my last post.

Actually, just realised you replied to my last post. You clearly didn't read it very well.
I did read it, well up until this point.....

And as a neutral, I was simply frustrated they didn't have a go at them. Playing defensive is something Man Utd would definitely need to do, Arsenal have more luxury to be adventurous.

The above is your post. The above insinuates you're not happy because Arsenal never opened themselves up.

Teams who generally have a go against City end up losing. Arsenal didnt need tohave a real go at City. The onus is on City to break Arsenal down, the fact they never says more about Pep and City than what Arsenal never done.

samthom99

Visit site
I don’t think Arsenal deserved any respect today, they stuck 11 men behind the ball and seemed happy with a point.

Nothing wrong with that but don’t expect any non Arsenal fans to happy clap that performance.

Neither do City to be fair. 72%-28% possession 1 shot on target from the home team valued at near a billion pound. Arsenal did a job on City today.

Swango1980

Visit site
I did read it, well up until this point.....

And as a neutral, I was simply frustrated they didn't have a go at them. Playing defensive is something Man Utd would definitely need to do, Arsenal have more luxury to be adventurous.

The above is your post. The above insinuates you're not happy because Arsenal never opened themselves up.

Teams who generally have a go against City end up losing. Arsenal didnt need tohave a real go at City. The onus is on City to break Arsenal down, the fact they never says more about Pep and City than what Arsenal never done.
City are much better than most teams. And if Arsenal think the same, then ultra defensive was the correct way to go. And perhaps City deserve to win the league, being the best team and able to tear anyone apart that tries to beat them.

samthom99

Visit site
City are much better than most teams. And if Arsenal think the same, then ultra defensive was the correct way to go. And perhaps City deserve to win the league, being the best team and able to tear anyone apart that tries to beat them.
How many teams can actually go head to head with City and beat them at home?