The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
The tactics Arsenal are implementing are not too dissimilar to what I'd expect from Sheffield Utd going away to City.

I guess if they nick it, or even get a point, it will be justified. But given how well they've played in last month or so, I genuinely thought they'd have a right go at City

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, if a Newcastle defender tried to clear ball, and instead smashed Bowen in the ankle after getting his foot in the way, I can guarantee West Ham fans would be irate if no penalty was given.

Had anybody mentioned the challenge on Calvert Lewin yesterday? Looked like one of the clearest fouls I've seen, ref didn't give it and VAR appeared to be out to lunch
Yes I mentioned it with the Burnley one.
No upset fans apparently 😳

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Makeshift defence yet Arteta parks the bus and they foul, disrupt and time waste from early doors. He never seems to trust his players against the big teams/in big matches. Until he does they'll keep falling short. Has he not seen how teams do when they go at us?

Not that we're doing much to take the game by the scruff of the neck either...

some blue tint that lol:

makeshift defense for man city is an england U21 and almost £200m spent on the other 3 lol
Arteta falling short against City - 2 wins and a draw in 3 games this year, stopped City scoring at home for the first time in 3 years
And the irony of complaining about foul, disrupt and time wasting 🤣

Great result for us to get a point at the Etihad, if we dont win the league it wont be because of our performances against the other 2 at the top. Saliba and Gabriel were utterly outstanding today, as were several others

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He wasn't stopping a move though, the whistle had already gone. I understand the ref not stopping play for that but play had stopped. WH weren't taking a particularly quick free kick so nothing there. Newcastle were stood waiting for the physio to come on and so weren't ready.
It’s the PL not Sunday league.
They should not get caught like that.🙈😉

He did get up without treatment I think.
Players now just hold their head when kicked in the ankle.!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The tactics Arsenal are implementing are not too dissimilar to what I'd expect from Sheffield Utd going away to City.

I guess if they nick it, or even get a point, it will be justified. But given how well they've played in last month or so, I genuinely thought they'd have a right go at City

yeah instead we shouldve conceded 30 chances against a mid table side by being gung ho 🤣🤣🤣🤣

samthom99

Visit site
How about doing what they do in rugby. Let the physio go on whilst play continues.
That would cause chaos. Football and Rugby are 2 different games that should not be compared.

We heard VAR would improve football because it works in Rugby. Not sure about that.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
some blue tint that lol:

makeshift defense for man city is an england U21 and almost £200m spent on the other 3 lol
Arteta falling short against City - 2 wins and a draw in 3 games this year, stopped City scoring at home for the first time in 3 years
And the irony of complaining about foul, disrupt and time wasting 🤣

Great result for us to get a point at the Etihad, if we dont win the league it wont be because of our performances against the other 2 at the top. Saliba and Gabriel were utterly outstanding today, as were several others

Nah it’ll be your results against the epic team sat in 4th that’ll cost you 😉

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TheIt’s the PL not Sunday league.
They should not get caught like that.🙈😉

He did get up without treatment I think.
Players now just hold their head when kicked in the ankle.!

Spurs supporting friend posted this..

Couldn't agree more

So the Newcastle player commits a foul but gets slightly hurt doing it , West Ham score from a well worked quick free quick and Newcastle moan .. Tough , play to the whistle and be ready , oh , and don’t do stupid fouls ..

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Am sure it’s called clever game management 😁

joking aside this last month has been massive for City. I thought the game v Liverpool was an excellent watch for both sets of fans and the neutrals. But Today Arsenal just parked the bus. I would be bogged off If I was an Arsenal fan. They can and have played much better than that.I suppose having lost 7 on the spin at fortress Etihad, a point is a bonus. But that may cost them the title.