The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Turns out it's really, really difficult to keep your job if you're a Premier League manager. I wonder if they ever sue for wrongful dismissal? :LOL:
I suspect the enormous payoffs for getting sacked somewhat sweeten the deal :oops:.

I'm not sure normal employment laws cover football. They seem to exist in a different world.

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've just seen that Ben Foster has signed for Wrexham! Haha that's amazing. Probably just wanted to meet Ryan Reynolds for his YouTube/Podcast career.
He started out there I think.
So nice to go full circle.

The podcast exposure will certainly be an added bonus though.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not quite but he was on loan there in 2005 according to Wikipedia. I wonder if Reynolds appearing on the podcast is a clause in his contract. :D

Be well worth it if it was! :ROFLMAO:

Funnily enough I started listening to the Fozcast a few months back and its brilliant, I really did think he was retired but cant blame him for cashing in for 6 months and a bit of brand exposure!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hearing worrying rumours that Steve Cooper is going be sacked today. If that is the case, I give up with the ownership. For all the money they've invested and good they've done at the club, they completely negate these decisions with the stupid stuff they do in spades. Who on earth are they bringing in 11 games before the end of the season, that's going to do a better job? It's taken 23 years to get stability and belief back in this football club, and it would all be undone if Cooper goes.
Can anyone point me in the direction of the rumours? (Not disbelieving, just would like to read a bit more on the topic). I know he has supposedly been linked with Tottenham and Crystal Palace but as far as I know he's said 'not interested'

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Maguire and Phillips start 😂

You beat me to it.

Maguire in that starting line up is bad enough, but at least he’s had a bit of game time. But Phillips? That’s an absolute joke.

What happened to Southgate’s suggestion that he picks players according to form? Phillips has no form.

The pair of them may end up having blinders, but that is unbelievably predictable from this manager.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You beat me to it.

Maguire in that starting line up is bad enough, but at least he’s had a bit of game time. But Phillips? That’s an absolute joke.

What happened to Southgate’s suggestion that he picks players according to form? Phillips has no form.

The pair of them may end up having blinders, but that is unbelievably predictable from this manager.
Southgate has no interest in picking anyone other than his best buddies.Form is irrelevant to him.