The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What I find odd about the GL scenario is he is paid to present and give his opinion ( on football). But that’s it 😳. I thought his tweet was an easy “ I don’t like it, but I don’t have a solution”. Personally I would of liked to if seen him
On Question time giving his views. The fact he said that it’s like Germany in the 30’s, he has now been taken off air. Not to dissimilar to Germany in the 30’s. 😳
Not handled very well at all by Auntie Beeb.

D

Deleted member 15344

now to this weekends games

Some key ones in the various battles

City should get past Palace today but Arsenal got a very tricky game against Fulham away tomorrow
The guys at the bottom it’s tough to see where they will pick points up from -

Everton at home may be one but Brentford are tough , Leeds same issue with Brighton.

Tough weekend all around

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I find odd about the GL scenario is he is paid to present and give his opinion ( on football). But that’s it 😳. I thought his tweet was an easy “ I don’t like it, but I don’t have a solution”. Personally I would of liked to if seen him
On Question time giving his views. The fact he said that it’s like Germany in the 30’s, he has now been taken off air. Not to dissimilar to Germany in the 30’s. 😳
Not handled very well at all by Auntie Beeb.
Yes but there is an unwritten law that says “ if you start using the Natzis in your arguments “ your on a hiding to nothing.
Its a very emotive subject , we all knew what he was saying.

Wheetons Law or something similar

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
now to this weekends games

Some key ones in the various battles

City should get past Palace today but Arsenal got a very tricky game against Fulham away tomorrow
The guys at the bottom it’s tough to see where they will pick points up from -

Everton at home may be one but Brentford are tough , Leeds same issue with Brighton.

Tough weekend all around

Be interesting to see what side we put out, got a lot of injuries/illness especially up front

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
None of the discussions have anything to do with football - it’s all about a presenter , the bbc and someone’s views about non football related matters - none of it has anything to do with football.

If people want to discuss the views of bbc and their presenters then another thread would be the best way to go.

Phil, I was being facetious 😇

That said, it’s very difficult to divorce what is probably the longest running football highlights show anywhere in the world from the very sport it’s there to provide coverage of, so don’t be surprised to see it discussed on a football thread.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

That said, it’s very difficult to divorce what is probably the longest running football highlights show anywhere in the world from the very sport it’s there to provide coverage of, so don’t be surprised to see it discussed on a football thread.

plus we can hardly discuss it on the political thread 😉👍

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Dropping out of 5live now aswell

Think the BBC might have underestimated just how stupid the decision was

D

Deleted member 1147

None of the discussions have anything to do with football - it’s all about a presenter , the bbc and someone’s views about non football related matters - none of it has anything to do with football.

If people want to discuss the views of bbc and their presenters then another thread would be the best way to go.
Yes, but it does appear to be peoples
Only chance to talk politics without censure.
So let’s let it go for now.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes, but it does appear to be peoples
Only chance to talk politics without censure.
So let’s let it go for now.

But we are not talking politics, weare talking about the BBC's reaction to a freelance presenter making political comments
as long as we steer clear of the political views concerned then its ok, but probably little to add to the story at this point in time

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry, not following you....?

A lot of people are now in breach of their contracts, I suspect the BBC will take appropriate action against them. Lineker has said something publicly that he's not supposed to - essentially he's in the wrong, and should and could have made an immediate statement to avoid any further repercussions. As soon as Wrighty decided he wanted to be in solidarity with Lineker, the snowball was rolling.

The BBC is a basket case of an organisation and has been for decades, and we're all obligated to fund it...

D

Deleted member 1147

A lot of people are now in breach of their contracts, I suspect the BBC will take appropriate action against them. Lineker has said something publicly that he's not supposed to - essentially he's in the wrong, and should and could have made an immediate statement to avoid any further repercussions. As soon as Wrighty decided he wanted to be in solidarity with Lineker, the snowball was rolling.

The BBC is a basket case of an organisation and has been for decades, and we're all obligated to fund it...
People may have jumped, but no one was thrown.