The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

RichA

Visit site
Probably because he is employed by the BBC and only to present tv programs and give his opinions on football. Whereas the politicians are not employed by the BBC but are specifically paid to present their views.
Has he been expressing political opinions on MotD or any other BBC stuff he presents? I must have missed that bit.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Has he been expressing political opinions on MotD or any other BBC stuff he presents? I must have missed that bit.
Maybe not, but I'll bet he certainly isnt adhering to the terms of his contract with his tweets, or there wouldn't be this fuss.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
To be honest re Lineker being dropped from MOTD. I think it’s a massive opportunity missed by the BBC. I don’t care that he has an opinion. But it came across as it’s crap but I don’t personally have a solution. Bit like a lot of folk on here. What I would have liked to see is Lineker on Question time and why not?
Who is presenting MOTD Now. Some faceless and soulless presenter. Or Keane who ain’t gonna hold back.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyway - back to football as opposed to politics

So when will Conte be sacked ?

Is it a Spurs issue - Mourinho wins trophies everywhere he goes - goes wrong at Spurs

Conte wins everywhere he goes - goes to Spurs - all falls apart

What’s going wrong there -spend loads , bring in quality players

Firstly, Pochettino on the face of it maybe makes sense. My ONLY concern is that it rarely works out when managers go back.

Tuchel being linked - no thanks not another ex Chelsea manager to follow Mourinho and Conte. It’s time Levy pulled his finger out and makes an astute decision rather than following a Chelsea blue print

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Firstly, Pochettino on the face of it maybe makes sense. My ONLY concern is that it rarely works out when managers go back.

Tuchel being linked - no thanks not another ex Chelsea manager to follow Mourinho and Conte. It’s time Levy pulled his finger out and makes an astute decision rather than following a Chelsea blue print
What about Thomas Frank, Brentford manager? Done a heck of a job, gets his team playing good football. Doesn't want to be the centre of attention, doesn’t need a huge cheque book.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are the commentators now likely to follow suit? What a mess.

I would assume that even if they did then there would be ways for the BBC to get commentary for the games. Are the radio commentators also likely to follow? If not could they use that commentary over the top of the video footage?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Massive savings in presenting fees will likely lead to reduced TV license fees?

I will miss them. The analysis they provide is much better than what I was used to in Germany. And especially Shearer was always right. Any VAR, any penalty or not, … every time I watch I had to agree with him 100%.

Top gear took a while to get a team that kind of rivals Clarksen & Co. I just hope the BBC doesn’t give it to Chris Evans.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What about Thomas Frank, Brentford manager? Done a heck of a job, gets his team playing good football. Doesn't want to be the centre of attention, doesn’t need a huge cheque book.

Seems a good shout, my only concern is that he’s not really proven long term. Then again was Potter before Chelsea, proven, who strangely now I think his stock is higher