The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was glancing through the laws of the game earlier, was surprised to see the 6 seconds rule was still in there. If gk holds onto it more than that, indirect free kick.

Yet, I am sure Ederson has held onto it for 15 to 20 seconds at times?
Every other keeper in the PL as well.
it’s never enforced.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes thinking the same myself.
Two pacy wingers and they havnt played a long ball into the channels all night.
But you can’t make individual errors like that if you want to win .
Some managers have a flat out obsession with playing from the back. That's fine but if a team doesn't mix it occasionally then it becomes easier to play against, particularly when you have players as good as city.

Saka looked excellent in the first half, don't know why they didn't feed him more in the second 🤷🏻‍♂️

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yet, I am sure Ederson has held onto it for 15 to 20 seconds at times?
Haha.
Just catching up with the game just before the first city goal.
In 5 minutes before it, Ederson wasted nearly a minute by holding onto the ball.
Must have been at least 5 minutes of time if that extrapolated to the rest of the game. (I'm not sad enough to test that theory).
Lovely finish by kdb

Swango1980

Visit site
Quite how Chelsea lost that game is beyond me, they could have won 4-0 and it would have been a fair result.
I once planned to make Spag Bol for my dinner. Got home from Tesco after getting the ingredients, and started to get it ready. Spaghetti, check. Peppers, check. Onions, check. Tomato Puree, check. Chopped Tomatoes, check. Red wine, check. Oxo cube, check. Sugar, check. Herbs, check. Mince meat,........DOH!

I wonder if this is how the owners of Chelsea feel after "forgetting" to buy a striker in January?

Swango1980

Visit site
This really bugs me
Every time the keeper has it in their hands, and opposition fans believe the keeper has been time wasting, they should start a chant:

SIX....FIVE.....FOUR....THREE.....TWO......ONE.......WHISTLES AND BOOS

Could a referee ignore the keepers infringement, given thousands of fans have blatantly highlighted it? :)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I once planned to make Spag Bol for my dinner. Got home from Tesco after getting the ingredients, and started to get it ready. Spaghetti, check. Peppers, check. Onions, check. Tomato Puree, check. Chopped Tomatoes, check. Red wine, check. Oxo cube, check. Sugar, check. Herbs, check. Mince meat,........DOH!

I wonder if this is how the owners of Chelsea feel after "forgetting" to buy a striker in January?

Sugar? In a Spag Bol? Surely not!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sugar? In a Spag Bol? Surely not!

Many years ago I was going out with a lovely girl. She asked what my favourite meal was, I said spaghetti bolognese. She cooked it for me as a special treat. I was appalled to find carrots in it. She went massively down in my estimation as a result, and I ended the relationship shortly afterwards. Imagine my surprise years later when I found out carrots were part of the classic spag bol recipe.

Swango1980

Visit site
I love the fact I've turned the Footie thread into a cooking discussion :)

Who will be the first to wade in with some insulting and confrontational comments on the issue? I thought the mention of carrots might trigger some anger by rudebhoy, but he turned it round by acknowledging they were a classic ingredient (one I omit).

On football, any ideas how Arsenal respond to last night? Will they continue their wobble, while City stretch their legs? Or will Arsenal find their groove again?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I love the fact I've turned the Footie thread into a cooking discussion :)

Who will be the first to wade in with some insulting and confrontational comments on the issue? I thought the mention of carrots might trigger some anger by rudebhoy, but he turned it round by acknowledging they were a classic ingredient (one I omit).

On football, any ideas how Arsenal respond to last night? Will they continue their wobble, while City stretch their legs? Or will Arsenal find their groove again?

The odd thing last night is that, barring mistakes, I actually thought Arsenal played okay. But there is no doubting they are in the midst of a rough patch, as they were very out of sorts against both Everton and Brentford. 1 point from the last 9 is not title winning form, and the return fixture between these two is now massive.

Arteta certainty needs to turn results round quickly or I can see the Manchester clubs finishing first and second.