The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Bargain signing: Nick Pope for me, others Pereira, Mee on a free, Ericson on a free, Aaron Hickey, Gnonto

Best signing: Haaland at the price.

Most impact on team: Casemiro at United, Haaland at City the 2 obvious ones

Worst signing :Richarlison haha, over 50m and not scored a prem goal yet has he, also Anthony, Sterling, Aubameyang, Cucurella, (OK ill stop now Chelsea fans ;) )

In an odd way, most impact could also be Jesus/Zinchenko and the overall impact theyve had on and off the field and the change the 2 of them coming has had

100% This for me, these boys are used to winning and in my opinion they were only going to bring a better mentality to the Arsenal squad.
It's no coincidence the change in Arsenal bringing in these types of players.
Was Martinelli brought in, in the summer? He's excellent as well.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
100% This for me, these boys are used to winning and in my opinion they were only going to bring a better mentality to the Arsenal squad.

2019-20 but he is raw and young. Developing into a real player..

75 premier league games already

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Been here a while! Were already worrying about his contract expiring next year lol!!!!

Him Saka, Saliba all need new contracts asap

babylonsinger

Visit site
I'd add Joao Palhinha as a contender for best signing (not sure he can be a bargain at £20m) - wouldn't be surprised if Fulham made a decent profit on him in the summer.

Casemiro hands down for his impact for me. Has been superb

Brighton's signing of Estupinan (sp) looks a decent one too but not enough to be best or cheap enough to be bargain. Yet another excellent piece of business by such a well run club

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Away from the players, Roberto De Zerbi, the new Brighton manager, must be in with a shout for best signing. After losing Potter to Chelsea it would've been very easy for Brighton to struggle this season but they are going from strength to strength.

I was about to say the same.

Doing an incredible job, feels like a seamless transition!

That club is run so well, fans should be proud!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like Lampards gone
It would give the new man nearly 2 weeks before their first game and also allow them to green light any bodies coming in during this window. If the board were going to get rid then now is the latest it could happen.

I hope they have someone lined up pretty sharpish, we don't have the time for a drawn out search.

D

Deleted member 15344

It would give the new man nearly 2 weeks before their first game and also allow them to green light any bodies coming in during this window. If the board were going to get rid then now is the latest it could happen.

I hope they have someone lined up pretty sharpish, we don't have the time for a drawn out search.

Surely must be time for Steve Bruce ?‍♂️

That must be the one remaining manager they haven’t tried - or who have Watford sacked this week ? Maybe try him.

11 managers since Moyes left ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the board held on to Lampard for as long as they could because they wanted to change the hire and fire of recent times and they wanted to see if he could turn it around. That wasn't happening so they had little choice in the end. This gives us a chance of survival now. A shame, I would have liked Lampard to have worked, not just because I want us to do well, but because it was a chance for both him and the club to build something together. Both parties wanted this to work and both are now in trouble.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the board held on to Lampard for as long as they could because they wanted to change the hire and fire of recent times and they wanted to see if he could turn it around. That wasn't happening so they had little choice in the end. This gives us a chance of survival now. A shame, I would have liked Lampard to have worked, not just because I want us to do well, but because it was a chance for both him and the club to build something together. Both parties wanted this to work and both are now in trouble.

Thing is they hired an awful manager to try and end that with .. terrible manager who now surely must be out of work forever as a manager

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is they hired an awful manager to try and end that with .. terrible manager who now surely must be out of work forever as a manager
His time at Derby and Chelsea wasn't awful, unless you are a West Ham of course as clearly Frank is the devil to all hammers :LOL:. He did okay at both clubs but this was his chance to build something. Now, he was hamstrung by an imbalanced squad, money issues, but he didn't put his mark on things, didn't generate a particular style of play that worked or looked attractive. I think it was an okay appointment, it just didn't work.

As to his next step.....Championship team, team in Holland or Belgium? He won't get a PL team again until he has clearly succeeded somewhere else. Same as Gerrard really, they are in the same boat.