The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Well a great game to get things going again after the World Cup - could have been 6 all in the end

D

Deleted member 1740

Every major international tournament we get the same Liverpool fans on here posting anything anti England.
One match going scouser laughing & changing his avatar to a player that’s knocked England out the last 2 tournaments
But as soon as anyone hurts their feelings ? ?.
Ashamed of nothing ?‍♂️

???

Still a snidey crying bawbag eh attention seeker, even though you're wrong.

Merry xmas.

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight. I watched it with my brother and nephew who i've not seen for 4 yrs. It's great to see the two best teams going head to head.

Probably the correct result, Nunez was in 2 minds on at least 2 occasions though.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know it was 'only' Blackburn last night but they are only 5 'places' behind us at the mo' - Forest did well.(Lingard's goal was a bit bizarre, but hey, ho.) It was only the highlights I saw but they seemed to play a lot more cohesively than they were doing in the league a few weeks ago. OK, there's a tough re-introduction to the league with Man U & Chelsea as our first games back. But there's enough to give us hope. (Please, please don't let that be famous last words ...)

We played really well. Link up play seems to be working, one touch passes advancing the ball and players are where they’re supposed to be.
Lingard looking like the Lingard we expected, Johnson playing with more confidence and freedom and Taiwo actually getting service. 27 shots on goal (and 15 on target) is light years ahead of where we were 2 months ago, regardless of the opponent.

Defensively we’re still a bit weak but hopefully Niakhaté will be back soon. I’m optimistic we can get something from the next two games.

Currently only 3 wins away from European places ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played really well. Link up play seems to be working, one touch passes advancing the ball and players are where they’re supposed to be.
Lingard looking like the Lingard we expected, Johnson playing with more confidence and freedom and Taiwo actually getting service. 27 shots on goal (and 15 on target) is light years ahead of where we were 2 months ago, regardless of the opponent.

Defensively we’re still a bit weak but hopefully Niakhaté will be back soon. I’m optimistic we can get something from the next two games.

Currently only 3 wins away from European places ??
Forest may well be a team that has really benefited from the break. The World Cup gave coaches a chance to work with their players, drill them, over and over. I'm hoping that Everton get the same benefit. A bonus of not having many international players who qualified ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite possibly. Admittedly we didn't have as many players at the world cup as many other teams, but there were still quite a few there. (Have to say I breathed a sigh of relief when Wales came home early. I wanted then to do well but not at the expense of possibly 3 players getting injured. Unfortunately, Kouyaté got crocked in Senegals opening match right at the start of the tournament).

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forest may well be a team that has really benefited from the break. The World Cup gave coaches a chance to work with their players, drill them, over and over. I'm hoping that Everton get the same benefit. A bonus of not having many international players who qualified ?
I always said, given the changes, the season will start for us after the World Cup break and it was survival before this.

It looked like things started to click the last few games before the break so hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
New Everton stadium looks like it is coming on well. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It should be a cracker. They've done a lot of work, looking at other stadiums in order to get it right, keep atmosphere etc. Hopefully that will come through.

Nightmare to get away from after a game but they just seem to be brushing that off ?‍♂️.

(How long until one of the liverpool lads post best ground in the championship?) ?

D

Deleted member 1740

It certainly is, i'm often down there as i use the plumbers merchants just around the corner and its been good watching it rise from the dock.

It'll be a massive improvement to the area, the North end regeneration/investment has been forgotten about for a long time.

Though where its based, there's a waste recycling plant just next door to it and it bloody stinks ?

I'm excited to hear how far the booooooos travel when they're playing Stoke on a cold wet November Tuesday evening in the championship ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i like passion but you cant just kick out at an oppo having just scissor tackled him lol
Scissor tackles are horrible things, and that one wasn't at all accidental. I'd have given him 2 yellows and seeya.
Just caught up with the game. KdB and Mahrez are artists of the highest quality.
I thought that City's misses were more clear cut than liverpool's and that they deserved the win.
Overall though, for a neutral, it was just a wonderful treat.