The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As per LP's post, whenever a team is wobbling people discuss it. Plenty of chat on here about a range of teams over time, Arsenal's regular weakness, Sours doing a Spursy, Everton in a relegation battle last season and so on. Utd dominated English football for a period and are currently in a mess, have been for a few seasons really. That is bound to create chatter.
Listening to a few City fans and neutral fans. Part of the “ banter “ aimed towards Utd fans at the moment ( and the last few years) is the air of arrogance that went hand in hand when Utd dominated Football for so long. It’s a kinda what comes around goes around. Utd fans gave it out and now there getting it back in bucket loads. Me Ave been there, I have a degree in watching rammel football, Ave walked for far to long in the shoes which Utd now find themselves wearing watching Utd play. Most of the grief I got was from plastic armchair supporters. Some of them had never been to the Swamp to see Utd play. But they had all the shirts. Some of the best discussions re Manchester football was with Utd season ticket holders. Personally I don’t sit in the camp of taking the urine. Ave seen it quickly turn sour.
As daft as it seems I look forward to the day when half a dozen teams are battling at the top. I think this year could be the closest we get to it.

Swango1980

Visit site
The same can be said about all the top teams - if Liverpool lost then it wouldn’t be any different

There are many fans out there that enjoy watching them both lose as much as their own team winning - guess it’s the price to pay for being the most successful clubs in the country ?

Man Utd had two decades of success - and now some enjoy the downward path

It’s the same after Liverpools two decades of success - they had a downward path and Man Utd are where Liverpool were through the 90’s and 00’s
I'm not denying all top teams get grief. I don't have the stats, but it seems that United still get the most attention from opposition fans though, when they don't win. I'm not sure many fans, for example, made too many comments about Liverpool's performance against Fulham last weekend/ I think maybe the odd Liverpool fan said it wasn't good. However, I suspect if United had dropped points against Fulham, there'd have been a lot of glee. People commenting on Maguire's ability to mark Mitrovic.

Not being critical. I know exactly why it is, United were so dominant, generally, for the first two decades of the PL, a period when football really took off with all the broadcasting deals and matches being shown across the UK/world. So, opposition fans now enjoy the fact that they are not close to that level.

But, Slime's point still stands. If United lose at any point in the future, it will generate a lot of discussion on here. If they win, probably not as much.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not denying all top teams get grief. I don't have the stats, but it seems that United still get the most attention from opposition fans though, when they don't win. I'm not sure many fans, for example, made too many comments about Liverpool's performance against Fulham last weekend/ I think maybe the odd Liverpool fan said it wasn't good. However, I suspect if United had dropped points against Fulham, there'd have been a lot of glee. People commenting on Maguire's ability to mark Mitrovic.

Not being critical. I know exactly why it is, United were so dominant, generally, for the first two decades of the PL, a period when football really took off with all the broadcasting deals and matches being shown across the UK/world. So, opposition fans now enjoy the fact that they are not close to that level.

But, Slime's point still stands. If United lose at any point in the future, it will generate a lot of discussion on here. If they win, probably not as much.
You don't expect none utd fans to post 'well played chaps' do you? That's for utd fans to post, others may then respond. That's how it works on the whole.

Any team has a bad day, particularly one with more posters on here, and others will pile in.

I would also say, in recent years utd have been a model of how not to do business and that is a major talking point. To balance that, in case you perceive an over interest in utd and as much as this pains me, liverpool have been a model of how to do business. That just doesn't generate as many posts, no one likes a smart Alec after all ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You don't expect none utd fans to post 'well played chaps' do you? That's for utd fans to post, others may then respond. That's how it works on the whole.

Any team has a bad day, particularly one with more posters on here, and others will pile in.

I would also say, in recent years utd have been a model of how not to do business and that is a major talking point. To balance that, in case you perceive an over interest in utd and as much as this pains me, liverpool have been a model of how to do business. That just doesn't generate as many posts, no one likes a smart Alec after all ?
That must have put you off your lunch;)

Swango1980

Visit site

Again, I'm not expecting or asking for anything different. Simply backing Slime's point that things will be quieter when Utd win a game. Unless they only win their first game in November, at which point there might be a lot of sarcastic congratulations.

4LEX

Visit site
No, it says all we need to know about the owners. Blaming ETH is just ridiculous.

Slime, he was a player Ten Hag suggested as he's worked with him before! Even as clueless as Murtough clearly is, I'm not sure he'd stoop that low.

Rumours Micheal Knighton is behind a take over today....o_O

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slime, he was a player Ten Hag suggested as he's worked with him before! Even as clueless as Murtough clearly is, I'm not sure he'd stoop that low.

Rumours Micheal Knighton is behind a take over today....o_O

:eek: ............................... again!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Maybe I’ve missed it,but Giggs doesn’t seem to be getting talked about as much as other players in his position would be.
Imagine if it was John Terry ?.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
To be fair, as it's an ongoing trial, both sides still be heard fully, it's one people might be leaving alone until the end ?‍♂️.
Yeah maybe,wasn’t really talking about on here.
It’s not looking good for him.
Maybe LIV golf as taken the spotlight off him a bit,seems to be peoples obsession at the minute.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Maybe I’ve missed it,but Giggs doesn’t seem to be getting talked about as much as other players in his position would be.
Imagine if it was John Terry ?.

Trust me from Monday Giggs will be forgotten when you hear about the shocking Mendy and his loathesome pal ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Transfer gossip is getting really tiresome now. And some of the comments in the press are priceless when it comes to the rumours. Apparently Rashford's 'people' are talking with PSG about a possible move but Ten Hag is saying Rashford is happy and doesn't want to move. The nwhy has he sent his people to talk with another club????

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Transfer gossip is getting really tiresome now. And some of the comments in the press are priceless when it comes to the rumours. Apparently Rashford's 'people' are talking with PSG about a possible move but Ten Hag is saying Rashford is happy and doesn't want to move. The nwhy has he sent his people to talk with another club????
I can’t believe Man Utd wouldn’t cash in on him.
He’s pinched a living.