The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or a “proper” striker doesn’t want to go to Man Utd due to a lack of CL football and where they are right now as a club ?‍♂️

It’s the same issue Liverpool had for years - no CL hurts the club in more ways than one

They have spent a heck of a lot of money over the last 5/6 years

Owners putting their hands in their pockets isn’t the issue you have

Anthony of Ajax does.
Owners putting their hands in their pockets for the right players IS the issue I have!
If they don't sell shirts, the owners aren't interested.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ten Hag found out today the gulf in quality between a fourth rate league and the Premier League is vast. Stick Brighton in the Dutch league and they'd win it by miles.

Rumours of a move for Arnautovic says it all about him and the club's outlook. Really sad to see England's biggest club making the same mistakes over and over.

No, it says all we need to know about the owners. Blaming ETH is just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anthony of Ajax does.
Owners putting their hands in their pockets for the right players IS the issue I have!
If they don't sell shirts, the owners aren't interested.

Antony ? Another winger isn’t he ? And £80mil was asked ?!

And surely it’s up to the recruitment team up get the right players not the owners

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Antony ? Another winger isn’t he ? And £80mil was asked ?!

And surely it’s up to the recruitment team up get the right players not the owners

The recruitment team are just mouth pieces for the Glazers, they do their bidding.
No replacements for McFred for years, I don't blame the managers for that.
The sooner the Glazers sod off, the better, but that won't happen any time soon as United are their cash cow that hands them millions every year.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm guessing his point was more to do with the fact it isn't just United fans that love talking about United when they lose a game.

The same can be said about all the top teams - if Liverpool lost then it wouldn’t be any different

There are many fans out there that enjoy watching them both lose as much as their own team winning - guess it’s the price to pay for being the most successful clubs in the country ?

Man Utd had two decades of success - and now some enjoy the downward path

It’s the same after Liverpools two decades of success - they had a downward path and Man Utd are where Liverpool were through the 90’s and 00’s

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing his point was more to do with the fact it isn't just United fans that love talking about United when they lose a game.
As per LP's post, whenever a team is wobbling people discuss it. Plenty of chat on here about a range of teams over time, Arsenal's regular weakness, Sours doing a Spursy, Everton in a relegation battle last season and so on. Utd dominated English football for a period and are currently in a mess, have been for a few seasons really. That is bound to create chatter.