The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fantasy League question for Chelsea fans - Havertz is listed as a forward this season. What's going on there? Is he going to play as the main striker since you have no one else there or what?

They just list where they play most last season

Much like Arnie for us for first season midfielder, then striker

Same with Antonio

These players are worth it when they are listed as midfielders but playing striker .. not when playing strikers as they don't score as many

Zinchenko is one to watch .. he is really a midfielder.. will arsenal play him there? If they do.. bargain

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They just list where they play most last season

Much like Arnie for us for first season midfielder, then striker

Same with Antonio

These players are worth it when they are listed as midfielders but playing striker .. not when playing strikers as they don't score as many

Zinchenko is one to watch .. he is really a midfielder.. will arsenal play him there? If they do.. bargain

he'll start the season at left back as Tierney is yet again injured, hes cover for there and the left sided midfield role assuming we arent buying Tielemans or similar

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Calvert-Lewin out for 6 weeks ?. Rondon is suspended for Saturday. No idea who starts up front for us on Saturday ?.

We need to start this season well, this isn't what we needed.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Calvert-Lewin out for 6 weeks ?. Rondon is suspended for Saturday. No idea who starts up front for us on Saturday ?.

I know, we can loan all the young lads out to give them some experience rather than give them a chance here, a typical Everton thing bringing in more defenders and midfielders and we are crying out for people who can put the ball in the net.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know, we can loan all the young lads out to give them some experience rather than give them a chance here, a typical Everton thing bringing in more defenders and midfielders and we are crying out for people who can put the ball in the net.
Seems a bit hasty to have sent Ellis Simms out to Sunderland. Now, every team out there knows we are in a hurry to pick a striker up and will squeeze us harder.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Richarli... oh wait. You could play Dele up top to be fair. I always thought he'd be decent as a striker.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Richarli... oh wait. You could play Dele up top to be fair. I always thought he'd be decent as a striker.
Richarlison up top, through the middle, was an absolute waste of space so he is not a miss there. Really, he contributes nothing if played that way. I suspect Alli will nominally play up top but we will likely go a bit Man City, except without the quality, and play with multiple midfielders rather than expecting him to lead the line in a traditional way.

Scoring goals was a massive issue last year and its looking ominous already

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Richarlison up top, through the middle, was an absolute waste of space so he is not a miss there. Really, he contributes nothing if played that way. I suspect Alli will nominally play up top but we will likely go a bit Man City, except without the quality, and play with multiple midfielders rather than expecting him to lead the line in a traditional way.

Scoring goals was a massive issue last year and its looking ominous already
Surley a team like Everton should not have a problem getting a decent striker,
What have they been doing in the break.
If you don’t score goals in the PL your in big trouble.
You can’t rely on CL he’s injured to much.
Needs sorting asap.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surley a team like Everton should not have a problem getting a decent striker,
What have they been doing in the break.
If you don’t score goals in the PL your in big trouble.
You can’t rely on CL he’s injured to much.
Needs sorting asap.
You'd like to think not but clearly the last 12 months have not been the best so we are not as attractive right now. I suspect agents are worried about our finances and are not rushing to put their players with us.

If you can't score, you go down. It's as simple and as basic as that.

Agree about CL. There is a trend starting to happen and we can't be relying on him. An alternative should be more of a priority than another midfielder that we keep being linked with ?

Can’t you call him back ?
How do these loan spells work.?
It depends on the terms of the loan. Some have a callback written in, others guarantee a clear period eg full season or until Jan 1st. I would have thought that if they have any opinion of Simms then someone should be driving up to Sunderland tonight to bring him back for Saturday, and the next 5 games.

My worry is that we either a/ get no one b/ buy another Cenk Tosun, Rondon etc in a panic. If we really want the lad from Chelsea, Broja, then go get him. Don't prat about. We don't have a bad start to the season, we can't afford to waste that.