The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you’re looking forward to watching a team set up for counter attacking football. Both at home and away ?? boring
I don't know what you mean by that? He's brought in Perisic because he needs more attacking wing backs than we had. He's brought in Lenglet who I gather is a ball-playing centre back. He's brought in Richarlison to give us another attacking option when Kane or Son aren't available or need resting. What were you expecting that hasn't been delivered??

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by that? He's brought in Perisic because he needs more attacking wing backs than we had. He's brought in Lenglet who I gather is a ball-playing centre back. He's brought in Richarlison to give us another attacking option when Kane or Son aren't available or need resting. What were you expecting that hasn't been delivered??

A creative attacking midfield player would be nice. We’ve got too many defensive midfielders in Hojberg, Bentancur and the lad signed from Brighton.
A player who can open things up and is creative, like Erikson. However that’s not gonna happen as Conte sets his teams up to play on the break ie counter attacking style.
Admittedly it would be nice to win something and we have a good chance under Conte. However personally I would prefer a more adventurous, attacking and entertaining team to watch under a manager with less odds to win something than Conte.
I know you can’t go back in time, but our best chance for a longtime was under Pochettino and it’s that style that I’d like to see

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Wonder where Kompany did his learning lol

1-0 up and could easily be 3 or 4

seriously you can see similarities between his style of play and Citys. I wonder if we will see the “ dark arts “. It may seem strange quoting 75% but last year Burnley in some games probably never kicked the ball 75 times in a game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A creative attacking midfield player would be nice. We’ve got too many defensive midfielders in Hojberg, Bentancur and the lad signed from Brighton.
A player who can open things up and is creative, like Erikson. However that’s not gonna happen as Conte sets his teams up to play on the break ie counter attacking style.
Admittedly it would be nice to win something and we have a good chance under Conte. However personally I would prefer a more adventurous, attacking and entertaining team to watch under a manager with less odds to win something than Conte.
I know you can’t go back in time, but our best chance for a longtime was under Pochettino and it’s that style that I’d like to see
But there's no space for an attacking midfielder in the system. The two CMs are to give a sturdy base and the attacking input comes from out wide. I love counter attacking football I think it's great to watch when it's ruthless and cuts through teams in seconds. We scored quite a lot of goals towards the end of last season - 4 past Leeds, 5 past Everton, 5 past Newcastle, 4 past Villa, 5 past Norwich. We were as free-scoring as we've ever been! Pochettino also played counter attacking, just with a different formation. I find your attitude bizarre. As you've mentioned, having Conte in charge with the players he wants is as good a chance of a trophy as we've ever had.

4LEX

Visit site
My Top 6....

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Man Utd

Arsenal and Man Utd are pot luck depending on how Ten Hag adapts to the league and what happens with the Ronaldo and de Jong debacles. Spurs and Chelsea are really close too, just feel Chelsea have missed out on a lot of their first choice targets and still don't have an elite striker. I'd only put money on City winning it. Liverpool will miss Mane badly and while Diaz looks a good player, he's still very raw and scatty. Nunez looks much the same. Henderson the leader of the midfield is another year older too.

City have lost a few squad players but replaced them with massive upgrades. I have a feeling Grealish will step up this season.

What dies everyone else think the Top 6 will look like?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But there's no space for an attacking midfielder in the system. The two CMs are to give a sturdy base and the attacking input comes from out wide. I love counter attacking football I think it's great to watch when it's ruthless and cuts through teams in seconds. We scored quite a lot of goals towards the end of last season - 4 past Leeds, 5 past Everton, 5 past Newcastle, 4 past Villa, 5 past Norwich. We were as free-scoring as we've ever been! Pochettino also played counter attacking, just with a different formation. I find your attitude bizarre. As you've mentioned, having Conte in charge with the players he wants is as good a chance of a trophy as we've ever had.

I guess we see things differently. Under Pochettino we played the “press” !!!!!

Last edited: