The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard Fred got sent off and it was anything but a friendly. Why am I surprised, Athletico Madrid are an awful team. Heard Eriksen look decent when he came on..

Eriksen made football look easy, he reminded me of Modric.
Fred looked really good until the red card which was for a stamp, albeit accidental in my eyes.
United looked far more proactive than normal and created several decent chances.
They certainly were unlucky to lose.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just doesn’t feel right that the Charity Shield is being played in July ?‍♂️ Just over 4 weeks since the CL final

World Cup has really messed the season up

D

Deleted member 15344

Well not a bad goal to start the season

shame about the idiots with smoke

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Eriksen made football look easy, he reminded me of Modric.
Fred looked really good until the red card which was for a stamp, albeit accidental in my eyes.
United looked far more proactive than normal and created several decent chances.
They certainly were unlucky to lose.

Eriksen is a real classsy player, wish he was still at Spurs

D

Deleted member 15344

That looks onside - not sure why taking so long

On the replay looks like Adrian had two hands on the ball ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

Heck of an opening for the season - pretty competitive CS

Can see both teams are going to be close again this season and ahead of the rest

Salah looks very sharp after a good rest and not a bad way to start from Nunez

Looking forward to those Nunez compilations later

How the heck did he miss
951160E7-BB0C-4D97-BE2C-A4B5BD6668C9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just doesn’t feel right that the Charity Shield is being played in July ?‍♂️ Just over 4 weeks since the CL final

World Cup has really messed the season up
Seen Klopp moaning about this.
It’s a friendly.
Liverpool have played friendlies before it & will play more before season starts ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well I quite enjoyed that. For a friendly ? it was a good game to watch. For the life of me though, why they picked the King power stadium it is beyond me. Normally a game where the fan base is 50/50 one set of fans go one way, the other set the other. Yet at King power all the fans have to go the same way. It was asking for trouble. I think both sets of fans will be happy with that performance. I would be surprised if there is more than 3 points between them at the end of the season.
couple of things from the game.
Liverpool brought on a couple of kids re subs. Do Liverpool have any players out, is the squad thin. I don’t know.
Liverpool for the first time I have noticed managed to slow the game down at certain points.It will give the team a “ breather “ from there high intensity pressing etc. Is that a new thing or just something I have not seen before.
City do play narrow and compress the game in one half. Liverpool,early on hit a few cross field balls and stretched City.
Liverpool do play or played very high. City never really took advantage. Other teams could.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I quite enjoyed that. For a friendly ? it was a good game to watch. For the life of me though, why they picked the King power stadium it is beyond me. Normally a game where the fan base is 50/50 one set of fans go one way, the other set the other. Yet at King power all the fans have to go the same way. It was asking for trouble. I think both sets of fans will be happy with that performance. I would be surprised if there is more than 3 points between them at the end of the season.
couple of things from the game.
Liverpool brought on a couple of kids re subs. Do Liverpool have any players out, is the squad thin. I don’t know.
Liverpool for the first time I have noticed managed to slow the game down at certain points.It will give the team a “ breather “ from there high intensity pressing etc. Is that a new thing or just something I have not seen before.
City do play narrow and compress the game in one half. Liverpool,early on hit a few cross field balls and stretched City.
Liverpool do play or played very high. City never really took advantage. Other teams could.
which kids ?

Do you mean Elliot and Carvahlo?

Both first team squad members and in Elliot’s case his second season in the squad , Carvahlo was bought during the summer

And we have been playing the high line since VVD arrived at the club

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Orikoru are you going to start a prediction thread again? Not a weekly results one but for the season, winners, relegation, manager for the boot, cups etc. I can't find the last one otherwise I'd copy / paste it.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not that I want to keep banging on about it, but found this interesting in an article from the Telegraph this morning

Attachments

• 36A5E1E0-AFA1-4402-A57A-9D8B3189B158.jpeg
    36A5E1E0-AFA1-4402-A57A-9D8B3189B158.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 17

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fantasy League question for Chelsea fans - Havertz is listed as a forward this season. What's going on there? Is he going to play as the main striker since you have no one else there or what?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fantasy League question for Chelsea fans - Havertz is listed as a forward this season. What's going on there? Is he going to play as the main striker since you have no one else there or what?

not a chelsea fan but as a fantasy fan:

he played "up front" at the end of the season in a lot of games, Lukaku has gone, Werner is rumoured to be going, they dont seem to fancy Broja much so until they buy would fully expect Havertz to start the season as their main "forward"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
not a chelsea fan but as a fantasy fan:

he played "up front" at the end of the season in a lot of games, Lukaku has gone, Werner is rumoured to be going, they dont seem to fancy Broja much so until they buy would fully expect Havertz to start the season as their main "forward"
If a no. 10, effectively what Havertz is, plays as the main striker, it rarely goes well. They are better feeding off the main striker, not being the main striker. I don't think I would be touching him in FL until Chelsea sort out their striker situation.

Chelsea are being linked with all sorts of players but oddly enough, none of them strikers. That seems bizarre.