The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

First time in 23 years…whatever happens, I’m going to enjoy the ride.

Just a few housekeeping rules Jonathon;

The league table doesnt matter until after 10 games.

VAR is owned and funded by Klopp.

All the big clubs get all the decisions.

?

D

Deleted member 1740

Sounds like a fuss over nothing, he clearly just misspoke.

A fuss over nothing?

After the cover up from the establishment and Thatcher, when the fans were blamed for forcing the gates , those lies and many more were pedalled in the media for many many years.

It's still believed by some, the "murderers" chants along with " the sun was right, murderers", "always the victims" etc are routinely sang every week, these chants all stemmed from that disaster based on those same lies.

South Yorkshire Police/West Midlands Police forcing officers to change statements of events to coincide with the establishments lies.

116 of 164 police statements were 'amended to remove or alter comments unfavourable to South Yorkshire police'

Thousands of innocent fans were blamed for that tragic day, and those have had to fight to clear their name. For some, its taken its toll.

Duckenfield who actually admitted to openeing the gates many years after at the Hillsborough inquest admitted this.

So yeah he may have "just misspoke" but with his experience and vast football knowledge he should know better.

Do i think he meant it? No, i dont but it cannot be expected to go unchallenged neither.

There's no excuse for Ignorance on these types of matters.

D

Deleted member 1740

☝️
Ok he slipped up but he is 76! I'm not his biggest fan or anything but his apology and explanation made sense to me. Obviously we'd got to Friday without a witch hunt though so he'll do.

A witch hunt?

It's an emotive subject ffs whereby a false narrative has been pedalled and accepted as the truth, irrespective of the real truth. It's understandable some will feel aggreived by his comments.

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and accept responsibility.