The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plenty of people have managed big clubs, big players and never got a tune out of them. Pep has created teams playing fabulous football over and over. His teams are a pleasure to watch. If people want to scoff at what he has done that's their choice. I'm just happy to watch his teams play.
I agree they are very good to watch and play great football.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why was there booing etc of “Abide with me”, Prince William and The National Anthem yesterday please? Is there any significance and does it happen every year?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Why was there booing etc of “Abide with me”, Prince William and The National Anthem yesterday please? Is there any significance and does it happen every year?

No only when Liverpool are in the final ?‍♂️

It’s the pathetic “Scouse not English” mentality (which I wish was true) of the fans.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m afraid I’m not qualified to say, maybe some of the match going Scousers can explain how booing and jeering a Hymn, the National Anthem and the future King is acceptable?
I heard that, though no idea if it was coming from any one set of supporters, and I was rather confused as to why on earth it was happening.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Plenty of people have managed big clubs, big players and never got a tune out of them. Pep has created teams playing fabulous football over and over. His teams are a pleasure to watch. If people want to scoff at what he has done that's their choice. I'm just happy to watch his teams play.

I read a while back that a former England rugby coach was invited to a Pep training session at Man City and was in awe of how good a coach Pep was

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I read a while back that a former England rugby coach was invited to a Pep training session at Man City and was in awe of how good a coach Pep was

A great coach he may be but would be interesting to see him do it at a midtabled club and see how good he actually is when not everyone is class in their roles

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I read a piece a couple of weeks back re who Neil Warnock rated as a coach. He rated Pep above Sir Alex. However his No1 coach. A certain Mr Wenger. This piece is worth a read As also Mr Klopp gets a mention.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../pep-guardiola-sir-alex-ferguson-23720172.amp
Re Liverpool fans not happy with the national Anthem etc I don’t have a clue. But I know why City fans do not hold UEFA in high esteem ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I agree they are very good to watch and play great football.
Had a good natter in a pub full of happy drunken scousers. Suffice to say we both agreed both City and Liverpool play attractive football. We both agreed how far Utd have fallen as well. One thing we discussed was how Chelsea set off the season on fire yet fizzled out. But got to two finals. Was the Roman situation that bad for the club/ team.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No only when Liverpool are in the final ?‍♂️

It’s the pathetic “Scouse not English” mentality (which I wish was true) of the fans.

Someone I know is adamant that he's not from the UK but he's from the PRM .......................... The Peoples' Republic of Merseyside!
My mind truly boggles.