The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm being dragged by the missus to Paris for the week at the end of this month.

Obviously off to the Louvre, the Eiffel, a few of the history museums and will treat myself to a knock around Le Golf Nationale, if I can.

But what else can I do for the rest of the week???

Sacre couer, as well as Sacre Blue!!!!!!!!! :cool:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about it being a 'great' or 'quality' set piece by Bournemouth - was a damn soppy goal for us to let in. Had our chances in the first half, and the lack of a penalty award was rather questionable, but overall Bournemouth deserved it. But when all's said & done, Bournemouth really should not been fighting for automatic promotion this late in the season - they had a very good try at chucking it all away. Forest, on the other hand, have had a blinding spell - but now no doubt will naff up the play-offs

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Obviously off to the Louvre, the Eiffel, a few of the history museums and will treat myself to a knock around Le Golf Nationale, if I can.

Hope you have a better night than we did there 27 years ago (geez was it really that long ago lol)

D

Deleted member 23270

Eurodisney, lunch in the Musee D'Orsay, river boat cruise. Champagne region isn't too far away if you are there for a week (y)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That was a sliding doors moment for Arsenal. Around the time of the invincibles from what I remember, but would old big ears have pushed that team onto even greater things?

2 days before my University finals, still have the nightmares, not least of coming back to my "newly decorated" hall bedroom lol

the bad days ensure you enjoy the good days (repeat 100 times)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Eurodisney, lunch in the Musee D'Orsay, river boat cruise. Champagne region isn't too far away if you are there for a week (y)

I was joking, mate. :)

Ive been there before but 20 years ago, so will go the museums again, but going to have days out at Orleans, Troyes and Chartres this time.

And a small matter of a Cup final. :cool:

D

Deleted member 1740

Good Ebening, A mad game of 2 halves.

Pish poor 1st half but credit to Villareal, they worked very hard for their lead, just glad their shithousery wasnt rewarded.

A proper Liverpool performance 2nd half though.

Another European Cup final for the Flopp, German Cheerleader ??

Flights booked via Brussels Thursday-Monday.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a weird and wonderful experience 2 weeks ago on the practice ground at Prestbury Golf Club. Mo Salah lives a stones throw away and he was there practising right next to me and my mate. We were the only 3 on the range.

It was impossible not to say hello and we ended up having a nice 2 minute chat and I said even though I'm a Man U fan the way Liverpool are playing is unbelievable etc etc. My mate asked him about Klopp and how does he get the best out of his team etc etc , his reply was great. He just said he has never played in a side with as much team spirit. That they just all want the best for each other and are in it together.

He was a top guy. Very humble. Golf swing seemed ok too.

Swango1980

Visit site
Had a weird and wonderful experience 2 weeks ago on the practice ground at Prestbury Golf Club. Mo Salah lives a stones throw away and he was there practising right next to me and my mate. We were the only 3 on the range.

It was impossible not to say hello and we ended up having a nice 2 minute chat and I said even though I'm a Man U fan the way Liverpool are playing is unbelievable etc etc. My mate asked him about Klopp and how does he get the best out of his team etc etc , his reply was great. He just said he has never played in a side with as much team spirit. That they just all want the best for each other and are in it together.

He must have just started golf in the second half of the season, as every time I've watched him he had been abysmal (scored against Utd, but not hard). Maybe he is the new Gareth Bale :)

D

Deleted member 1740

When you're in the ground this just oozes out of the team and you can definitely feel it.

The telly clappers wouldnt feel it?

D

Deleted member 18121

Has anyone else injured themselves celebrating a goal before?

When Fabinho scored last night I went silently mad (as my son was in bed) and I've hurt my shoulder... Absolute agony this morning. Am hoping I'll be ok for golf on Sunday.

I'm only 41 as well....I'm not that old, am I.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure about it being a 'great' or 'quality' set piece by Bournemouth - was a damn soppy goal for us to let in. Had our chances in the first half, and the lack of a penalty award was rather questionable, but overall Bournemouth deserved it. But when all's said & done, Bournemouth really should not been fighting for automatic promotion this late in the season - they had a very good try at chucking it all away. Forest, on the other hand, have had a blinding spell - but now no doubt will naff up the play-offs
Come on, it was clever, executed perfectly.

You looked good first half, disappeared second. Your CF was a royal pain in the backside all game, Surridge. Niggled and took cheap shots at Bournemouth players through the game. He looked okay when he was actually playing. I'm guessing he is one of those players Forest fans love and opposition fans hate?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good Ebening, A mad game of 2 halves.

Pish poor 1st half but credit to Villareal, they worked very hard for their lead, just glad their shithousery wasnt rewarded.

A proper Liverpool performance 2nd half though.

Another European Cup final for the Flopp, German Cheerleader ??

Flights booked via Brussels Thursday-Monday.
How did you find Tele clapping last night :)

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's blatantly obvious to some of us!
And the contra is obvious watching ManU too!

Agreed. Have you seen the clip of Pogba walking off at OT after there last game?!?!!?!
The players are clapping the crowd but he is just heading off ignoring the supporters and then as he reaches the tunnel he cups his ears and slides away. He is all that is wrong with united and a large % of their current playing squad.
OMG what would old Fergie had done with a player like that in his time.

Swango1980

Visit site
Agreed. Have you seen the clip of Pogba walking off at OT after there last game?!?!!?!
The players are clapping the crowd but he is just heading off ignoring the supporters and then as he reaches the tunnel he cups his ears and slides away. He is all that is wrong with united and a large % of their current playing squad.
OMG what would old Fergie had done with a player like that in his time.
Hmmmm, I think he would have got rid of him. If only Pogba ever played under Fergie and we'd know for sure... :)