The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No way would Pep or Klopp put up with his attitude.
He’s got to have a negative effect on the dressing room.
Pinching a living at UTD.
Yes ,I know he was there at a young age but how many managers would pay the money UTD paid to get him back.
I do wonder how many managers get the players they ask for or just make do with what the club buy him?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes ,I know he was there at a young age but how many managers would pay the money UTD paid to get him back.
I do wonder how many managers get the players they ask for or just make do with what the club buy him?

Isn't Klopp directly involved in the recruitment process? Thought he was which would explain to a large degree why Liverpool do so well in the market.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't Klopp directly involved in the recruitment process? Thought he was which would explain to a large degree why Liverpool do so well in the market.
I hope so.
That’s why I said him and Pep get the players they ask for .
But how many others have that luxury.?
It makes no sense to buy a player that the manager dosnt want.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope so.
That’s why I said him and Pep get the players they ask for .
But how many others have that luxury.?
It makes no sense to buy a player that the manager dosnt want.

Sam Allardyce has given West Ham fans just a taste of how ridiculous the club’s transfer strategy was during his spell as manager at Upton Park.

Speaking to talkSPORT, the former Hammers boss revealed he was often ‘given presents’ by co-owner David Sullivan… in the form of new players.

The problem was, however, that Big Sam had no idea who they were

And, if they didn’t perform as expected, he would get the blame for his ‘poor coaching’.

Allardyce’s revelation comes amid a troubling time for the Hammers, with the relationship between supporters and the club hierarchy reaching breaking point.

Angry fans have accused owners David Sullivan and David Gold of breaking their promises, having vowed to build a ‘world-class team for a world-class stadium’ when they decided to leave their historic Upton Park ground in 2016.

And now Allardyce has explained the amount of control the club’s ownership had on the team and signings, sometimes even without the manager’s knowledge.

“David would have his own mind about his own players,” said Big Sam on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

“I found that dealing directly with David was the order of the day.

You’d get the odd present from David every now and again, where he fancies a player, brings him in and you have to live with it.

“He’d just turn up for pre-season, and David would say: ‘Here’s one, I fancied this one’

It was normally a centre-forward who scores goals,” Big Sam said with a smile.

“Which is fine because you think: ‘Well if he can come and score goals that would be amazing!’

“And you just hope that it works, because if he didn’t score or you didn’t play him you get the can for that: ‘It’s your coaching techniques not bringing the best out of him!’

“And no, I’m not naming any names!”

Glad things have changed

However.. looking at our goal return from strikers since they took over he didn't have a eye for talent